MSW - Student Bodies
To build up a pro people attitude and deepen the social interest of the social work students of Rajagiri, SWARAJ
(Social Work Students association of Rajagiri) plays a vital role. Taking into consideration the diversity of interest and according to the specialization and need of the community, SWARAJ organizes various enriching and thought provoking programmes for the whole Rajagiri family. SWARAJ hosts many eminent personalities from various spheres of life to accelerate the students’ and the campus’ social attitude in accordance with their views and to formulate within the students, clarity about the present social scenario.
FREE DRUG CELL
Free Drug Cell working in the Government Hospital, Ernakulam is initiated and operated by the Department. More than one lakh people are benefitting from this cell every year. Students are actively involved in mobilizing the resources, procuring medicines, meeting the sponsors etc. Free Drug Cell has a new tie up with Police Association of Ernakulum District.
RAJASADASS (The people’s forum)
Provides opportunity for staff, students and other members of Rajagiri family to come together and air their views on a given issue there by creating a platform for critical evaluation and making comments on current social issues. The views and comments of experts in the respective fields enable the students to know different perspectives on the subject.
NATURE CLUB - TREE
‘Together Restoring Environment Effectively’. This serves not only as expansion of the term TREE, the nature club in the College, but also is a motto that highlights the attitude of students and staff towards the environment where one lives. The environment friendly plastic free campus is a good example of this. The herbal garden in the College started with the initiative of nature club was revamped to add about 50 varieties of medicinal plants. Mother nature also is a platform for the students to come together and share their ideas on environment related issues and develop an environment friendly attitude.
This forum is a first of its kind on inter-religious discussion. This forum, which was started in the campus by the students runs in collaboration with the Association of Christian Higher Education, NewDelhi.
List of Hospitals / Doctors / Pharmaceutical Companies / Medical Representatives / Other Individuals or agencies which contributed medicines to Free Drug Cell
- Lakshmi Hospital
- Ojas Clinic
- Dr. Geetha Philip, General Medicine, Lourde Hospital, Vaduthala
- Dr. Paul Puthooran, General Medicine, Lourde Hospital, Vaduthala
- Dr. P.J. Mani, Nephrology, Lourde Hospital
- Dr. C.J. John, Psychiatrist, Medical Trust, Ernakulam
- Dr. Gopalakrishna Bhatt, Cardiologist, Medical Trust Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Rony Mathew, Cardiologist, Lisie Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Rajendra., Phyisician , Lisie Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Ravi Pizharady, Psychiatrist, Sudheendra Hospital, Ernakulam Medical Centre Hospital, Ernakulam Brothers of Holy Spirit IGCH, Kadavanthra Krishna Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Radhakrishnan, Neurologist, Medical Trust Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Mammen M. John, Nephrologist, Medical Trust Hospital, Ernakulam
- Mr. Haridas, Branch Manager, Alkem Laboratoeries, Padivattom, Edappally
- Mr. Choudhary, Manager, Alempic Pharmaceutical Co., Ernakulam
- Mr. Santhosh, representative of Glenmark Pharmaceutical Co, Ernakulam
- Mr. Naveen, representative of Novartis Pharmaceutical Co.
- Mr. Rajeev, representative of Glenmark Pharmaceutical Distributor
- Mr. Joby George, C&F agent, OZ One Pharmaceutical Depot.
- Dr. Vinod Kumar, Oncology, General Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Rajeswary, Gynecologist, General Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Manoj, General Medicine, General Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Asha, Surgeon, General Hospital, Ernakulam
- Dr. Kochurani, Skin, General Hospital, Ernakulam Dental O.P., General Hospital, Ernakulam
- Carreon Medical Disposables, Industrial Estates of Kalamassery
Our Main Sponsors
- Lord Krishna Bank (sponsored 5 racks for placing medicine boxes)
- The South Indian Bank (sponsored 500 boxes for keeping medicines)
- Manuel Alapatt, Alapatt Arcade, M.G. Road, Ernakulam (sponsors the salary of the medical social worker in part since October 2001)
- Dr. C.L. Charities, Club Road, Ernakulam (contributes frequently to the poor fund)
- Good Samaritan Trust, Club Road, Ernakulam (contributes frequently to the poor fund)