BSW - Objectives
Bachelor of Social Work Programme – An Overview
BSW programme is envisaged as a first-degree course in professional social work to mould socially committed and professionally competent young social workers to contribute towards the social development of the country. The programme was initiated by Rajagiri School of Social Work in the year 2002, first of its kind in Kerala. The wide exposure provided by Rajagiri makes BSW programme a distinctive one, training students for delivering human services through widening the horizons of perspectives with a global standard.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To equip learners with integrated domain knowledge, conceptual clarity and ability to perform as social work professionals.
- To train learners in engaging in evidence-based practice and be equipped with research skills.
- To develop foundational skills in working with individuals, groups and communities.
- To develop the ability to work independently and in teams.
- To help learners understand and appreciate the ethical standards of the profession and develop social sensitivity with responsiveness.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
PO1: Our graduates will demonstrate conceptual clarity and the ability to integrate knowledge with practice
PO2: Our graduates will demonstrate Research skills
PO3: Our graduates will demonstrate the ability to work independently and in teams
PO4: Our graduates will demonstrate social responsiveness