MCA - MCA 2019 - FAQ
MCA Admission 2019-FAQs
- What is M.C.A?
M.C.A (Master of Computer Application) is a three-year post graduate professional degree in Computer Applications.
- Why MCA@Rajagiri?
The three years you spend at Rajagiri will transform you into a successful individual equipped to succeed in your professional and personal life. The specialised and intensive curriculum with the plethora of extra co-curricular activities will mould you into a social being, imbued with righteousness and courage of conviction.
- What is the eligibility criteria for MCA courses?
A candidate seeking admission to MCA course must have a pass with not less than 50% marks in any recognized regular bachelor's Degree course of minimum three years duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10+2 level.
A pass with not less than 50% marks in any recognized Regular Bachelors Degree course of minimum three years duration in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics/Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics as one of the Subjects.
A pass with not less than 50% marks in BCA/BSc Computer Science/ BSc Information Technology/ B.Tech degree of a minimum three years duration from a recognized University.
- Do you have Lateral MCA /Second year direct to MCA course?
There is no lateral entry/second year direct to MCA Course in our college. We are having Regular three year MCA Course for which we have an excellent feedback from our recruiters.
- I have not done my under graduation in Computer Applications/Computer Science/Information Technology. Am I eligible for applying to MCA?
Yes, you can apply for MCA if you have done any recognized Regular Bachelors Degree course of minimum three years duration in any discipline with:
- Mathematics/Statistics/Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics as one of the Subjects at degree level
- or studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- How can I apply for MCA course at Rajagiri?
Applicants for the MCA Programme can either apply online at the college website http://rcss.rajagiri.edu. The cost of application form is Rs 500/-.
- What is the selection procedure to MCA courses at Rajagiri?
The *Selection Process is based on the score obtained in the Kerala MCA Entrance Examination for the academic year 2019-20, performance in the personal interview and the academic record of the candidate.
- Entrance Examinations: 50%
- Academics: 30%
- Personal Interview: 20%
*Selection process may vary as per ASC (Admissions Supervisory Committee) 2019 MCA Admission Regulations.
- Is there any entrance test for getting admission to MCA at Rajagiri?
Yes, it’s mandatory that the candidate shall get a qualifying score in Kerala MCA Entrance Examination.
- What is the pattern for MCA Kerala Entrance Examination?
It is comprises of objective type questions based on Maths, Statistics, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Ability, General English and Computer Science at graduate level.
- Is it necessary for me to have prior computer knowledge?
Not necessary but prior computer knowledge can be an added advantage.
- How will I come to know about the dates of MCA Kerala Entrance Examination?
Admission Supervisory Council will notify the dates in major News Papers and their websites. If you have applied for MCA @rajagiri, you will get an intimation from the college as well.
- Can I apply to the course before the Kerala Entrance Examination?
Yes, you can apply. If you get a qualifying score in the entrance exam and you satisfy the rest of the eligibility criteria for MCA, your admission will be considered.
- Can I apply to the course before final degree results are published?
Yes, you can apply. Once the results are published and if you satisfy the eligibility criteria for MCA, your admission will be considered.
14. Is there any donation/or any other extra fees for the MCA programme?
NO donations or extra fees are collected, apart from the yearly fees.
15. What are the different specializations that can be opted for MCA@rajagiri?
Specialization tracks in MCA is one unique feature of MCA@Rajagiri.
- Data Science
- Advanced Programming
- Information Security
- Advanced Software Engineering
Students have the option to choose courses from the specialization pools in Fourth and Fifth Semester of the Course and will be encouraged to take up a live project in the specialized field.
16. Is there any opportunity for the students to take up live projects in between the course so that they have an experiential learning apart from the projects given as part of the syllabus?
Yes, the students are encouraged to take up live projects and internships in between the course. Also, students get the privilege to practice what they learn in Live domains at RLabZ (http://rlabz.in) a creative conceptualization of incubation as a Live Lab. Entirely run by the faculty and students of Computer Science department, this firm offers Web and Mobile Solutions and Services which help students to Earn while they Learn.
17. What are the career opportunities after doing M.C.A.?
The industry-oriented syllabus, backed-up with the enrichment programmes of the MCA course, will equip the students to compete for different career opportunities in the IT industry, entrepreneurial sector, Banking, Teaching etc.
18. Are there hostel facilities for boys and girls getting admission for the course?
Yes, we provide separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
19. What are the placement activities?
The Department has a strong placement cell. The cell manages campus recruitments and arranges employers visit the campus to interact with the graduating students and the subsequent recruitment process. The Placement cell organizes and conducts different activities to enhance the placement opportunities of the students on a regular basis in each year. Placement activities include: Aptitude training, Technical sessions by experts and in-house faculty, Personality development and Communication skills training, Special grooming programme in personal education Etiquette, Interview skills & Group discussion trainings. In addition, the cell arranges career counselling talks by experts in industry, academia and the Rajagiri Alumni.
20. What is the general placement statistics of the course?
Placement statistics ranges from 95-100%.
21. Which are companies, which come for campus placement?
Some of our Recruiters are:
Infosys, TCS, Wipro, CTS, IBS, Mphasis, UST Global, HP, HCL, IBM, Accenture, Suyati, PUMEX, PEARL GLOBAL SOLUTIONS, PINKERALA, Coolminds Technologies, L&T, Tech Mahindra,SBI, SIB, Federal Bank, Axis Bank, LIC,UAE Exchange etc.
22. Can an average student be able to get good job after MCA?
The very fact that you have taken an MCA from a Top Institute will help you get a good job from Campus. Therefore while maintaining an average academic record you should also put your best effort to improve your aptitude and communication skills. We leverage all the students to a common benchmark.