Rajagiri School of English and Languages
The School of English and Languages offers English, French, Hindi and Malayalam as Common Course I &II for the UG programmes and the Enrichment Programme, Communicative English across the UG and PG streams. Re-defining the pedagogy of English and Languages in the curriculum of higher education, the School transverses the academic study of ‘language’ to foster the appreciation of literature and culture and humanity at large. The School attempts to inculcate in students a critical awareness of the self and society to mold them into responsible and socially sensitive citizens.
- To help students enhance their language skills viz Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Enable students to appreciate literature of various genres
- To equip students with soft skills necessary for efficient communication Education beyond the Classroom
- Honing the communicative and interpersonal skills of the students through screening of documentaries and films, role plays, simulation games and open discussions.
- Promote the creative and artistic talents of the students through training in histrionics, creative writing and film making.