Rajagiri School of Social Work
Rajagiri School of Social Work ( RSOW ) had its humble beginning in 1955 with a Diploma Programme in social services. Later in 1964 the school started a Masters Programme in Social Work with specialisations in Family and Child Welfare, Community development and Medical and Psychiatric Social Work. The MSW Programme of the school earned a wide acclaim in a short span of time. The School also expanded by taking up social work projects by establishing different Live Labs, and Research and Training in Social Work and related fields.
- To impart necessary theoretical inputs on the philosophy, values, methods, fields and approaches of human service profession and human resources management
- To sensitize young professionals to the social issues by developing social awareness
- To develop proficiency in helping skills and effective intervention strategies
- To develop an insight into one's own self and the purpose of professional self in the helping profession
- To sharpen skills in conceptualization, analysis, interpretation and management