Department of Commerce
The ACSR provides an opportunity to exhibit the variegated talents of the commerce students and to enhance their soft skills. The social responsibility and social commitment of the students are prioritized in this extra-curricular platform. The association focuses on the all-round personnel development of each student as he/she leaves the institution with academic excellence to match.
- To provide an opportunity to extend classroom experiences into the academic and social life of the campus.
- To develop social and cultural interaction among students.
- To assist in the development of leadership skills
- To provide access to an array of diverse campus activities to enhance their college experience.
Young Indians (Yi) is an integral part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), a non-government, not-for-profit, industry led and industry managed organisation playing a proactive role in India's development process. Yi was formed in the year 2002 with an objective of creating a platform for young Indians to realize the dream of a developed nation. Yi has around 2600 direct members in 40 chapters, and engages around 15000 students under the brand ‘Yuva’. The Yi membership includes young progressive Indians between the age group of 21 & 40 and comprises entrepreneurs, professionals and achievers from different walks of life. "To become
the Voice of Young Indians Globally" being the vision of Yi, it provides a platform for young Indians to participate in and contribute by becoming an integral part of the Indian growth story. Yi's work is divided primarily into three groups; "Youth Leadership", "Nation Building” and “Thought Leadership”.
Under youth leadership, Yi works effectively for promoting leadership skills for its members through the learning programs and missions to companies of global excellence in India and abroad; the development and engagement of students through its 86 Yuva platforms that has 8500 students; Yi's regional and national summits on themes related to times and role of youth and its engagement with the governments at the state and national level gives an opportunity for the members to become effective leaders with a vision into the future. Yi hosted Jeff Hoffman, serial entrepreneur from the United States across the country and hosted his renowned ‘Entrepreneur Bootcamps’ for its camps. Under Nation Building, Yi engages its members under its projects as MASOOM, Gift an Organ, Swachh Bharat and Horn Not Ok Please. Project MASOOM was conceived with the goal of keeping children safe and preventing child sexual abuse by creating awareness amongst young children, parents and other stakeholders. Gift an Organ aims at removing the myths behind organ donation and encouraging people to donate their organs. Yi initiated the Swachh Bharat mission to sanitize and sensitize India. Horn Not Ok Please (HNOP), is a campaign to avoid unnecessary honking on the roads. Yi also works under the broad categories of education, environment, healthcare, employability, arts (sports & culture) and rural initiatives contributing positively to its surrounding eco system and the nation.
Under "International Engagements", Yi is one of the proud founders of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs' Alliance which is a collective of leading entrepreneurially-minded organizations representing the G20 countries who seek to promote youth entrepreneurship as a powerful driver of economic renewal, job creation, innovation and social and is one of the founders of the Commonwealth Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs (CAYE- A) which is a network of young entrepreneurs from the Commonwealth Asia region and the organizations that support them. Yi has organized learning missions to many countries around the world to understand and learn from the best practices and cultures. It has also worked with the Planning Commission of India in conducting consultation workshops across its chapters for accumulating a youth perspective to be included in the 12th Five Year Plan and with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India to facilitate missions of visiting delegations of young entrepreneurs to India from around the world. Yi has also hosted many incoming youth delegations from around the world in various parts of the country.
With fourteen years of glorious past and decades ahead that promise nothing short, Yi intends to become a larger movement of young people and promote the attitude of "We Can, We Will"
FINCOR is the Finance club of Rajagiri College of Social Sciences (Autonomous). It is the first financial club in the history of college. It is basically introduced to promote the accounting profession and to foster interaction among students. It is to support and encourage the academic, social and professional pursuits of the students. It fosters scientific research in the fields of finance and accounting and to educate the public to appreciate and demand higher ideals related to finance and funding. The club brings together students, faculty, and other professional personals into a relationship of mutual assistance and cooperation with each other. It connects students who share an enthusiastic interest and curiosity about investments of all types, and to share knowledge and insight with all members so they feel comfortable conversing about finance and executing beneficial investment strategies.
- To create a platform for interaction, corporate exposure, industrial knowledge, practical learning, socio-cultural ethics and career progress by bringing both professionals, corporates and students under one tree.
- To mould corporate skills in our students, build them into professionals and prepare them to be the perfect entrepreneurs in their future endeavors.
- To promote interest and impart knowledge by bridging the gap between theoretical and practical perspective.
- To encourage students to do Research in the field of Finance.
- To promote Real Time Investment arena through the Student Managed Investment Fund(SMIF)
- To promote financial literacy program in rural and under developed government schools.
- To bring out the hidden potential in our students to be young entrepreneurs.
- Corporate Social Responsibility : Focuses mainly on implementing financial literacy programs in the rural areas by adopting villages.
- Banking and Investment :Focuses on conducting events/workshops related to Finance/ investment business.
- Academics and Research : Aims to publish research articles and conducting workshops. It’s primarily based on research.
- Public Relations : Promotes FINCOR through various social media platforms.
- Editorial : Prepares reports on the club activities and hosts interview sessions-“The Insights” and other events.
- Internal Event Management : Coordinates all the activities required for the events/workshops of the club.