MA, PGCTE, PGJMC
Rajagiri School of English and Languages
Mr. Anand is a Post-graduate in English Language and Literature. He has also completed PGCTE from EFLU and PGJMC from IGNOU. He cleared UGC N.E.T in Dec.2014 and has a teaching experience of four years in reputed institutions like U.C. College, Aluva, Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam, Govt. Polytechnic, Kalamassery, IGNOU etc. Apart from this, he works as a soft skill trainer in ASAP Kerala since 2014. He was in the syllabus making panel for both the UG and PG courses (English) in Maharaja’s Govt. Autonomous College, Ernakulam. He has participated and presented papers in various National and International seminars and has published research papers in peer-reviewed journals/magazines. He also served as Sub-Editor in the prestigious Daily Bulletin Team of International Film Festival Kerala 2009 (Tvm) under the Editorial board headed by Dr. V. C. Harris.
- National Eligibility Test (N.E.T.), Dec.2014.
- "IELTS (Academic), with overall score of 7.5/ C1 as per Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFL), conducted and certified by IDP IELTS, June 2018."
- PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGJMC), IGNOU, Dec.2017.
- Postgraduate Certificate in the Teaching of English (PGCTE), the English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad, Oct.2017.
- M.A., English Literature, Maharajas College, Ernakulam, 2011-13.
- B.A., English Literature, Union Christian College, Aluva, 2008-11.
Teaching Experience (Full Time)
- Two years teaching experience in both UG and PG programmes, English, in Maharaja’s Government Autonomous College, Ernakulam.
- One year teaching experience in U.G. Programme, English, in U.C. College Aluva.
- Six months teaching experience in KMM College, Thrikkakkara.
Teaching Experience (Part Time)
- One year Teaching Experience as Academic Counsellor, Master’s Degree Programme, English, in IGNOU, Kaloor.
- Four years of teaching experience as Soft Skill Trainer in Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), a state govt. initiative.
- One year teaching experience in the Government Polytechnic College, Kalamassery as lecturer (Evening Batches).
Research/Project Works Guided
- “Is there a Canon: a study of syllabuses of Universities and Autonomous Institutions across India”: Antony Jose, III B.A. English.
- “Narratives of Quest, Fate and Victory: Hemingway and Coelho- Bridging Two Generations Apart”: Safna Shahjahan, III B.A. English.
- “Portrayal of Women in Advertisements”: Anu Antony, III B.A. English.
- “Indian and Greek Epics: Myth, Culture and Misogyny”: Indhuja V, II M.A. English.
- “Not as straight as it seems? Subdued Homosexuality in The Great Gatsby”: Vishnu P.V., II M.A. English.
- ‘Nation of the Canon, Travel of the ‘sacred’ pilgrim, and the last page tribes! Revealing mimicry and faith tourism in travel magazines’ in the Two-day International Seminar on “Distanced Colonies and Made up Nations: Revisiting Travel Narratives” at St. Teresa’s (autonomous) College, Ernakulam. (Jan. 17), ISSN Publication pending.
- ‘MOOCs and Digital Humanities- Switch to Future Learning’, in the Two Day International Seminar on ‘Digital Humanities: Current Trends and Challenges”, at Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam. (Nov.2015)
- ‘Adaptations of the Bard: Cultural Appropriations, Gaps and Silences with reference to Hamlet’, in the Two Day UGC Sponsored National Seminar, at Aquinas College, Edakochi. (Sep.2015), ISSN Publication pending.
- ‘Rise of Women in Public Domain: Aristophanes’ Lysistrata’, in the Two Day National Seminar “Celebrating Gynergy: Women in the Public Domain” organized by Amrita School of Arts and Sciences (Mar.2015), ISBN Publication.
- ‘Recounting the Kappiri’s Land: A study of S K Pottekkatt’s Kaappirikalude Naattil’, in One Day National Seminar organized by Department of Collegiate education, on ‘Travel Narratives: Exploring New Frontiers’, at Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam. (Dec.2014)
- ‘Media Literacy in Question: with specific reference to Njan Steve Lopez and Munnariyippu’, in UGC Sponsored National Seminar, at St.Xavier’s College, Aluva (Sep.2014), ISSN Publication.
- ‘Bond Movies- Spy-fi or Sci-fi’, in ‘International Conference on Popularizing Science Writing and Celebrating Science Fiction’, at St.Teresa’s College, Ernakulam (Feb.2014), ISBN Publication.
- ‘Revelations of a Bottled Nemo: In Pursuit of Resistance’, in the National Seminar sponsored by the Directorate of College Education, Government of Kerala, and organized by the Departments of English, Hindi and Malayalam of Government College, Thripunithura. (Jan 2014)
- ‘Cyber Feminism: As ‘She’ Likes it…’ as part of the UGC Sponsored National Seminar: “Sights of Resistance: Theory and Praxis”, organized by Sree Sankara University of Sanskrit, Kalady. (Dec.2013)
- Faculty Development Programme on “Mastering the Techniques of Teaching”, organized by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery. (May 2018)
- Annual Academic Retreat- “BODHI 2018”, organized by the Rajagiri College of Social Sciences at Rajagiri Valley and Munnar. (April 2018)
- National Workshop on Translation titled ‘Negotiating Cultural Distances’, at Government College, Tripunithura. (Oct.2017)
- International Workshop on ‘International Research Methods and Academic Skills’, at St.Teresa’s College, Ernakulam. (Aug. 2017)
- National Seminar on ‘Digital Literature’, conducted by Department of English and Centre for Research, St.Teresa’s College, under the UGC/CPE scheme. (Sep. 16)
- DCE Sponsored National Workshop on ‘English Language Teaching in Rural India: Challenges and Innovations’, at SARBTM Govt. College, Koyilandy, Kozhikode. (Mar.2016)
- Two day seminar on ‘Higher Education: New Concepts in Teaching-Learning and Research’ organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam. (Feb.2016)
- Two-day National Seminar on ‘Remapping Border Discourses in the Postcolonial Space’ organized by the Postgraduate Department and Research Centre of English, Maharajas College, Ernakulam. (Feb.2016)
- Two day workshop on ‘Higher Education and Autonomy: Challenges and Perspectives’ organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam. (Dec.2015)
- Two-day workshop on PG Syllabus Restructuring organized by the Postgraduate Department and Research Centre of English, Maharajas College. (Nov.15)
- Two-day workshop on UG Syllabus Restructuring organized by the Postgraduate Department and Research Centre of English, Maharajas College. (Oct.15)
- ‘National Level Orientation Programme in Academic Research’, organized by the Teresian Research and Consultancy Cell/TRACC. (Sep.13)
- Two-day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Translation Studies: Texts in Context’ conducted by the Department of English, U.C.College, Aluva, in collaboration with DC Books, Kottayam. (Sep.2012)
- UGC Sponsored National Workshop on ‘Film Theory and Appreciation: The Dynamics of Popular Cinema’ conducted by the Department of English, U.C.College, Aluva, in collaboration with Kerala Chalachitra Academy. (Mar. 2012)
- Delivered a talk and presentation on ‘A Journey through the History of Indian Films’ to a mixed delegation of students and faculty members from Shenzhen University, China, and Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies, Cochin. (Feb.2018)
- Jury member, ‘Star of Zealous’, an intercollegiate competition conducted by the students of College of Engineering, Cherthala. (Feb.2018)
- Subtitles, (English) for ‘Samakalikam’ a short film by Safwan K Bawa. (Ref.Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5c4L8N6UfI&feature=youtu.be)
- Judge, Elocution and Debate Competitions, Intra-Amrita University Arts Fest, ‘Prathibhamritham 2017’, conducted in AIMS campus, Cochin. (Sep.2017)
- Attended a four week contact-cum-examination programme, held at the EFL University, Hyderabad as part of the P.G.C.T.E. Programme. (20 June to 19 July 2017)
- Trainer of the Trainees, twenty-one day Communicative English Trainer Programme (C.E.T.) of A.S.A.P, held at St. Teresa's College (Autonomous), Ernakulam, during the months of April-May, 2017.
- Jury Panel member, Union Bank of India. (2017-18)
- Coordinator, Elocution and Debate Club, Maharaja’s College. (2016-17)
- Conducted around 15 invited talks, in-house sessions and debates between Oct.2016 and March 2017.
- Member students got associated with Toastmasters Club.v Member students regular in intercollegiate Elocution/Debate competitions, and emerged winners too.
- Alinta Merrie Jan, Member, bagged ‘A’ Grade in M.G. University Youth Festival, Nupura 16. (Ref. Link: https://www.maharajas.ac.in/gallery/activities-of- elocution-and-debate-club )
- Part of the syllabus making team (U.G. and P.G.) of the first Government autonomous college in Kerala.
- Delivered online lectures as part of the student development programme conducted by the Cluster of Colleges, Ernakulam.
- Participated in the three day ‘Training of Trainers Programme’ conducted by Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) and Department of Higher Education. (Dec.16)
- Regular External paper evaluator of UG and PG answer scripts in Sacred Heart (autonomous) College, Ernakulam.
- Regular External paper evaluator of UG and PG answer scripts in St.Teresa’s (autonomous) College, Ernakulam.
- Set question papers for UG and PG students of St.Teresa’s (autonomous) College, Ernakulam. (Musings on vital Issues, Understanding India, Modern European Drama).
- Jury Member in Inflore Short Film Festival 2017, conducted by Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies.
- Got selected and participated in the ‘Thousand Splendid Stars Programme’ and after clearing the APTIS Test, Interview and I.T. Training, got appointed as Skill Development Executive (SDE) under the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), a Kerala State Government direct initiative to develop communicative and IT skills of the under graduate students.
- Cleared British Council’s ‘APTIS’ test with 87% marks. (2013)
- Awarded Medal for ‘Best MA Dissertation 2012-13’. (Sep.2013)
- Scripted She, a short film, directed by Greeshma Munnu, which won Media Appreciation. (link: http://www.mathrubhumi.com/youth/features/312873/ )
- Submitted MA Dissertation titled ‘Post Colonialism in O.V.Vijayan’s Selected Short Stories’ to Mahatma Gandhi University, in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Degree of “Master of Arts” in “English Language and Literature”. (2013)
- Won the ‘Best upcoming Director’ Award in ‘Sign Short Film Fest’, March 2012, for scripting and directing “Mirror”, a short film on Child Labour and “Free and Compulsory education Act”. (Ref. News Article: http://wwv.deccanchronicle.com/tabloid/education/anand- wins-it-mirage-869 ). (Link of “Mirror”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GozzC3lNY ).
- President of Media Club in Union Christian College. (2010-11)
- Sub-Editor for ‘Youth Column section’ in Church weekly, Aluva. (2010-11)
- Adjudged ‘Best Screenplay Writer’ (in 2 categories- Short film and Documentary) in the Two-day Media workshop conducted by Bharat Matha College, Thrikkakkara. (2010)
- Sub-Editor in the Daily Bulletin Team of International Film Festival Kerala 2009 (Tvm) under the Editorial board headed by Prof. V. C. Harris.
Areas Of Interest (Teaching/ Research)
- New Media
- Post Colonialism
- Film Studies
- Gender Studies
- Drama and Theatre arts