M.Com.M. Phil., M.B.A., Ph. D
Rajagiri School of Commerce
She joined Rajagiri College of Social Sciences after retirement as Associate Professor from the Post Graduate Department of Commerce and Research Centre, St. Xavier's College for Women, Aluva. She has thirty two years of teaching experience at the Graduate and Post-Graduate levels. Presently, she is officiating as a Research Supervisor under Mahatma Gandhi University. Her academic credentials include M. Com and M. Phil in Commerce and an MBA in Finance. Her Ph. D is from M.G University for her research in the domain of Strategic Risk Management in Modern Banking and the thesis is entitled 'Changing Perspectives in Asset- Liability Management in the Post-Reform Phase of Modern Banking - A Study'. She has published several Research Articles in UGC approved Journals and has chaired many National and International Seminars and Workshops.
- M.Com, M. Phil, Ph. D, M.B.A. [Finance]
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - TEACHING
- 32 years of teaching experience at the Graduate and Post-Graduate levels in the Post Graduate Dept. of Commerce and Research Centre, St. Xavier's College for Women, Aluva , affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - RESEARCH
- Research Guide for Doctoral Research in Commerce, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
RESEARCH PROJECTS - Minor Research Project
- “Economic Empowerment of Widows through Self- Employment Training, Production and Marketing Initiatives by NGOs in Ernakulam District- A Case Study" [Sanctioned and funded by the UGC, New Delhi].
AREA OF INTEREST(TEACHING/RESEARCH)
- Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Banking, Managerial Economics
ACADEMIC POSITIONS HELD/ ACTIVITIES/ MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATIONS
- Member, P G Board of Studies, M G University, Kottayam [2012-2017].
- Member, Expert Committee in Commerce, M G University, Kottayam [2012-2017].
- Programme Officer, National Service Scheme, St. Xavier's College for Women, Aluva [2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13]
- Co-ordinator, Add- on Courses in E- Banking, E- Marketing and Security Analysis, Global Trade Management, St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva [2005- 2012]
- Member, Research Promotion Council, St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva [2013 to 2017]
- Life Member, Commerce Association of Kerala
AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- State Award for the Best NSS Programme Officer in the State of Kerala [2012-13]
- MG. University Award for the Best NSS Programme Officer in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam [2012-13].
- Co- ordinator, National Workshop on “Derivatives- Concepts into Practice,"conducted by the Post- Graduate Department of Commerce and Research Center,St. Xavier's College for Women, Aluva, on 30 November2016
- Co- ordinator, UGC Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on "Financial Inclusion: Prospects, Issues, and Challenges," organised by the Post- Graduate Department of Commerce and Research Center,St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva, on 27 and 28 November 2014
- Organised Three Day Inter Collegiate Camp on 'Total Health and Life Style' under NSS, MG University, at St. Xavier's College for women, Aluva on 30 November to 2 December 2012
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS
- “Asset-Liability Management in the Context of Globalisation: Aims and Strategies” Published in Indian Commerce Bulletin - A Journal of Research on Business Studies, Vol. VII, No.1&2’ March 2004.[ISSN-0972-6187]
- Republished in the book Development Agenda of Third World Countries Under the WTO Regime, Vol.2. Serial Publications, New Delhi, 2005.[ISBN 81-86771-70-0]
- “Institutional Finance for Agriculture Sector: Changing Perspectives.” published in Indian Commerce Bulletin- A Journal of Research on Business Studies,. Vol. XI. No.1 June 2009.[ISSN-0972-6187]
- “Indian Banking in Recession Phase and RBI’s Counter Cyclical Strategies.” published in Science & Society, Nirmala Academic &Research Publications., Muvattupuzha, Kerala, Vol.8 No.2 July-December 2010.[ISSN 0973-0206]
- “A Study on Interest Rate Risk Management and Profitability of Banks.” published in Research Lines, Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Deva Matha College, Kuravilangad, Kottyam, Kerala. Vol.IV No.1-C January – June 2011.[ISSN-0975-8941]
- “Management in India-Transition from Patriarchy to Professionalism.” published in Indian Commerce Bulletin, A Journal of Research on Business Studies, June 2011. Vol. XI: No.2, Vol.XXI: No. 1&2 .[ISSN-0972-6187]
- "Socio- Economic Problems faced by Widows in Ernakulam District: An Analytical Study" published in Discourse- Xavierian Research Journal, March 2013. Vol. 1 No.1 [ISSN2321-0214]
- "Digital Financial Inclusion Initiatives in India" published in Discourse- Xavierian Research Journal, March 2016. Vol. 4 No. 1 [ISSN2321-0214]
- "A Review of Financial Inclusion and MSME Sector" published in Discourse- Xavierian Research Journal, March 2016. Vol. 4 No. 1 [ISSN2321-0214]
REPORTS AND DOCUMENTS PUBLISHED
- Editor, Seminar Proceedings on "Financial Inclusion: Prospects, Issues, and Challenges" , UGC sponsored National Seminar organised by the Post- Graduate Department of Commerce on 27 and 28 November 2014.
- Editor, Seminar Proceedings on "Enhancement and Sustenance of Quality in Higher Education- Widening Horizons" sponsored by the UGC and organised by IQAC on 23 and 24 February2011.
- Editor, Seminar Proceedings on "Capacity Building for Effective Internal Quality Systems in Higher Education Institutions" sponsored by NAAC Banglore and organised by IQAC on 21 and 22 November2007.
- Editor, Eventful Fifty- Souvenir to mark the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of St. Xavier's College for Women, Aluva.2014
PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS - SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES
- Session Chair in the International Conference on Management, Finance and Accounting organised by Commerce Association of Kerala and PG and Research Department of Commerce, St. Peters College, Kolenchery on 9 and 10 February 2018.
- Participated in the International Conference on Leadership for Success organised by RCBSR, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences in collaboration with Trinity Western University, Canada, on 14 November 2018
- Session Chair in the UGC sponsored International Conference on "Entrepreneurship Innovation and Development" conducted by the PG and Research Department of Commerce, St. Peters College, Kolenchery, on 8 and 9 January 2016.
- Participated in the International Conference on "Innovations in Business and Finance", organised by the Commerce Association of Kerala, at St. Peter's College, Kolenchery, on 29-30 May 2015.
- Participated in the International Workshop on “Managing Challenges in the Emerging World Order& Winning Strategies for Sustainable Development" organised by Bharatha Mata Institute of Management, Kochi on 2 and 3 August 2011
- Participated and presented paper in the International Commerce Congress, organised by Commerce Association of Kerala at St. Stephen College, Uzhavoor, on 10 and 11 June 2003
NATIONAL, STATE AND REGIONAL
- Session Chair in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Emerging Dimensions in Entrepreneurship organised by Marthoma College for Women, Perumbavoor, on 3 and 4 December 2015.
- Chaired Research Paper Presentation Session in the UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Foreign Direct Investment in India: Opportunities and Challenges" held on 30-31 January 2014 at St. Peters College, Kolenchery.
- Participated and Presented papers in various National, State, and regional level Seminars, Workshops and Conferences
REFRESHER COURSES/ ORIENTATION PROGRAMMES/ TRAINING ATTENDED
- Attended two Refresher Courses in Commerce and Management in Kerala University [15-4-2008 to 6-5-2008], [16-5-2007 to 5-6-2007]
- Attended two Refresher Course in Commerce organised by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam [21- 07-1999 to 13-08-1999], [24- 06-1992 to 20-07-1992.]
- Orientation Course for Programme Officers of the National Service Scheme from13 to 18 June 2011.
- Three days ' Training of Trainers Programme on Life-Skill Education', conducted by Kerala State Aids Control Society in association with the National Service Scheme and Hindustan Latex Ltd. from 14th to 16th Oct.2011.
- Gender Awareness Campaign organised by K.S.W.D.C. Ltd., Dept. of Social Welfare, Govt. of Kerala, on 6 July 2011.
- Workshop on” Discovering Your Voice” conducted by the Consortium of Pain and Palliative Care Units in Ernakulam District, on11October 2009.