Fr. Shinto JosephCMI
M.A (Social Work), Assistant Professor
Department of Social Work
- M.Phil. (SW)
- M.A. Social Work (Medical & Psychiatry), Loyola College (Autonomous), Chennai,
- Asst. Director, KRIPA,(Kerala Rehabilitation Institute for the Physically Affected), Chunangumvely – Feb 2009 – March 2010
- Asst. Director, Sevagram (Orphanage,), Caring for the uncared, Pothy – May 2012
- Asst. Director, Avedana Bhavan, (Palliative Care for Cancer patients), Pothy, Thalayolaparambu
- School Counselor at Amala CMI Public School, Kottarappilly, Vaikom
- Director, CMI House, Rajagiri Bhavan, Egmore, Chennai
- Asst. Vicar, St. John Vianney Church, Barrie, Toronto, Canada
- Bro. Siga Animation Centre, Vyasarpadi, Chennai - July, 2010 – March, 2011
- Stanley Medical College, Department of Psychiatry, Chennai - June, 2011 – November, 2011
- Jeevodaya: Hospice for cancer patients, Manali, Chennai - Nov, 2011- Mar, 2012
- Pastoral care and visiting experiences at Senior’s Homes, Barrie, Toronto, Canada
- Pastoral care and class room visits in Catholic Schools, Barrie, Toronto, Canada
- Visiting Experience in Davids Busby Centre, Barrie, Canada
- Visiting Experience in out of the cold, Barrie, Canada
- “Life satisfaction and adjustment problems of the male retired persons at Chunagumvely, Aluva”
- M.Phil Research on “Integrating Life Skill Education for Capacity Building of Youth Under DDU-GKY Programme”: An Intervention Study
SEMINARS / CONFERENCES / TRAINING PROGRAMMES PARTICIPATED
- Work shop on Recent Trends in Psychiatric Social Work at NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Workshop on Performance Improvement at Christ University, Bangalore
- Seminar on the Person’s with Disabilities Act, 1995 and Rules at Santhwana Institute, Ernakulam
- Organized and participated a National Seminar on “75 years of Professional Social Work Practice in India: Contribution and Way Forward.”, Loyola College, Chennai
- Organized and participated a seminar on Challenges in Rehabilitation of the Persons with Disabilities, Jeevas Kendra, Aluva
- TOT on Psychosocial care for children in conflict with law at NIMHANS, Bangalore on 18-23, January 2016
- Participated 2nd National seminar on Youth Development at RGNIYD, Chennai on 30-31, March 2016
- National Conference on “Corporate Social Responsibility and Children”, at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery on 7-8, January 2016.
- Attended Training workshop on SPSS at Rajagiri College, Kalamassery on 11-13, April 2016
- International Conference on “Healthy Ageing and Mental Health” at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery on 4th to 6th January 2017.
- Participated faculty exchange programme from March 25th to April 29th 2017 at Vives University College, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Participated International Seminar on “Human Rights” from March 27th 2017 – March 31st 2017 at Vives University College, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Advanced statistical skills workshop at Rajagiri College, Kalamassery from 10th to 12th April, 2017.
- Participated in the National Conference on “Current Political and Economic Situation in India and its impact on Higher Education” on September 9th and 10th 2017, at Don Bosco Provincial House, Hydrabad.
- Attended Training workshop on “Nvivo” at CHRIST University, Bangalore on 17-19, April 2018.
PRESENTATIONS / PUBLICATION
- Jointly presented a paper on “Psycho-Social well-being of teenaged orphans: The Increasing role of CSR” at DYUTI National Seminar held on 7th January 2016 at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery.
- Article presentation on “Cross-sectoral collaboration in the pursuit of social change: Addressing sex trafficking in West Bengal” at the faculty council meeting.
- Presented a paper on “student’s perception of international social work: A comparative study in the USA, UK and Georgia” in the faculty council.
- Jointly presented a paper on “Post Retirement Life of Elderly: An Analysis” at DYUTI International Conference held on 5th January 2017 at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery.
- Presented a paper on “Child Rights in India: Issues and Challenges” International week held on 28th March, 2017 at Vives University, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Presented a paper on “Social Diversity: Intercultural Social work in India” on 24th April, 2017 at Catholic University of Eichstätt, Germany.
- ICSW (Indian Council of Social Welfare)
- KAPS (Kerala Association of Professional Social Workers)
- Life Member in Knights of Columbus(Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
AREA OF INTEREST
- Social Legislations
- Administration of Social Welfare Agencies
- Child Rights
- Social Case Work
- Social Group Work