Dr Anish K.R.
Ph.D(Social Work )
Rajagiri School of Social Work
- Ph D , November 2010. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam “A Study on Rehabilitation Facilities and Rehabilitation Outcomes of Homeless Mentally Ill in Kerala”
- M Phil, 2002. (Psychiatric Social Work) National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore. Third Position in the University.
- Post Graduation (MSW), 1999 Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kaladi (Main Centre, Kaladi), University Second Rank
- PGDHRM, 1999 Pondicherry University
- Graduation (B Sc) 1996 Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala (Newman College, Thodupuzha, Kerala)
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Senior Lecturer & Coordinator (Head) 5 May 2003 – 31 May 2011 School of Social Work Marian college kuttikkanam,Kuttikkanam, Kerala, India. www.mariancollege.ac.in
- Research Officer. November 2002- May 2003 NIMHANS, Bangalore. Project of World Health Organization Care of The Chronic Mentally Ill: A Study of Community Based Initiatives by NGO’s
- Research Officer August 2002- November 2002 NIMHANS, Bangalore Project of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India An Evaluation Study of the Scheme for Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Abuse in South India
- Social Worker ( Field Programme Coordinator) July 1999 – August 2000 CBNP & PAP(Kudumbashree) Partnership in Sexual Health Project
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research/Consultancy)
- Mental Health, HIV/AIDS, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Counselling
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Adult Attachment, Suicide, Sex Worker Collectives, Quality of Life, Spirituality and Mental Health
- HIV/AIDS, Mental Health, Clinical Practice, Research & SPSS
Awards & Recognitions
- University Second Rank for MSW
- University Third Position for M Phil
Research Projects / Consultancy / Training / MDP conducted
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Children & Youth, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, USA.
- Associate Editor, Acumen 1(1). March 2008. (ISSN 0975-6981) – theme: Health and Mental Health
- Member, Research Advisory Board (RAB) of Centre for Research & Development (CRD) in Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College (Autonomus), Pollachi.
- Reviewer of Social Work Education, International Journal of CSWE, USA
- Reviewer of Artha Journal of Social Sciences, Christ University, Bangalore
- 2014 -2016: Situational Analysis of Social Competence of Children in Institutional Care Facilities and Life Skills Based Intervention for Enhancing Social Competence, Kerala State Commission for Protection of Child Rights Research Project & Ministry of Social Justice.
- 2013 Jan-2014 December: Enhancing Social Competence of Adolescents through Life Skills Education: An Intervention Study. UGC Major Project
2012-13: Impact of Alcoholism in Kerala. Co-investigator/Consultant: Kerala State Planning Board: 5 lakhs
International Collaborative Projects
- An International Comparative Study on Adult Attachment with Prof. Joanne Buttman, University of Utah, 2010
- A Study on the Sex Worker Collectives in Kerala with Prof. Mary Jane Taylor, University of Utah, USA
- An International Study on Perception on Poverty and Social Welfare Policy among social work students with Prof. Jason Castillo, University of Utah, USA
- Perceived Effectiveness of Training Methods used in STRC Training Programmes Kerala State AIDS Control Society & State Training Resource Center, 2012
- Capacity Building Needs of CBO Leaders on the Administrative and Managerial Aspects of the TI Project Kerala State AIDS Control Society & State Training Resource Center, 2012
- A Study on the Micro-Level Planning Skills of ORWs in TI Projects Kerala State AIDS Control Society & State Training Resource Center, 2012
- A Comparative Study on the Effectiveness of Onsite Trainings and Centralised Training Programmes for TI Project Personnel Kerala State AIDS Control Society & State Training Resource Center, Kerala & LD, 2011
- A Study on Capacity Building Needs of Newly Recruited Community ORWs Promoted From PE Level working in TI Projects of KSACS KSACS & STRC, Kerala & LD, 2011
- A Study on Staff Turnover Patterns and Factors Contributing to Staff Turnover in Targetted Intervention Projects of KSACS KSACS & STRC, Kerala & LD, 2011
- Psychosocial Correlates of Suicide in Meppara, Kerala Marian College Kuttikkanam, 2008
- UGC Minor Project on Care and Psychosocial Rehabilitation of Homeless Mentally Challenged in Kerala, University Grants Commission, 2008-2010
- A feasibility Study on IT Enabled Health Care Delivery System in Kerala, Indo-Global Social Service Society, New Delhi, 2009
- Reproductive Health Consequences of Domestic Violence Indian Council for Medical Research & NIMHANS2005
- Sexual Health Awareness of Adolescents ,World Vision India Limited ,2005
- Baseline Study of Stakeholders in IAD Partnership in Sexual Health Project Kasargod, Project Support Unit of KSACS
Consultancy & Training
- Subject Expert for Syllabus and Textbook Workshops of +2, Kerala Higher Secondary Department & SCERT, Government of Kerala 2013-14
- Resource Person for Counselling Certification Course for Officers of Federal Bank, 2014
- Visioning Workshops for Sahradaya College of Engineering, Kodakara, 2013-14
- Resource Person for Regional ToT on Behaviour Change Communication for Medical Officers and other health personnel, NRHM, Govt. Of Kerala, 2013
- Resource Person for training on Behaviour Change Communication for Medical Officers and other health personnel 2010-13
- Resource Person for Life Skills Training for students – ST Department Government of Kerala and HLFPPT
- Subject Expert for Interview of Counsellors in ST Department Government of Kerala
- Resource Person for training of Family Court Judges, Kerala Judicial Academy, High Court of Kerala, 2012
- Subject Expert and Resource Person for Research for State Institute of Education Management and Training (SIEMAT), Government of Kerala
- Counselling Trainer empaneled by National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO), Govt. of India -2009 onwards
- Designed and Implemented Refresher Training for TI Counsellors in HIV projects, 2012
- Empaneled Consultant for Evaluation of Targeted Intervention Projects of NACO
- Worked as Team Leader for Evaluation of TI projects of KSACS, UPSACS, and Karnataka SAPS etc.
- Prepared database of Old age Homes in three districts of Kerala StateHelp Age India , 2009
- Offered several workshops on Social Work Research and SPSS including sessions for Research Scholars and Faculty in MG University (UGC-SAP – SGTDS), Christ University, Bnagalore; Kodaikanal Christian College; Don-Bosco College and Marian College Kuttikkanam, Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences .
- Contributed to the MSW Curriculum Review of Kerala University, Loyola College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Work as affiliate to Humandynamic Asia Pacific, an EAP provider for employees of multinational companies, 2006 onwards.
- Consultant in EAP(ongoing) Human dynamic Asia Pacific, New Delhi
- Offers services for Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) of Multinational Companies
- Academic Committee Member(ongoing)
- State Training Resource Center, State Training Division of National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), Govt. of India
- Consultant in Sexual Health (ongoing)
- NACO Empanelled Consultant for Evaluation of TI Projects
- National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) Empanelled State Level Trainer in Counseling
- Kerala State AIDS Control Society- Training of personnel and Evaluation of Sexual Health Projects in the State of Kerala
- UP State AIDS Control Society- Evaluation of Sexual Health Projects in the State of Uttar Pradesh
- Karnataka State AIDS Prevention Society, Evaluation of Sexual Health Projects in the State of Karnataka
- State Training Resource Center – resource person for various training programmes including induction, counseling, project management etc.
- Consultant(project completed)
- HelpAge India, New Delhi, Created Database of Old age Homes in three Districts of Kerala.
- Consultant(project completed)
- World Vision, ADP Highrange, Data Analysis and Report Preparation of Research Study
- Consultant Trainer NSS, KSACS & HLFPPT
- Life Skill Education Program for Red Ribbon Club Volunteers
- Resource Person KSACS, SERT
- Adolescent Health Education Programme
Publication ( Book / Article / Case )
- Anish K R, Divya G S and Siny Maria Skaria (2014). Social Competence Model for Adolescents: Reflections from an Intervention Study Artha J Soc Sci, 13, 2, 1-19.
- Anish K.R. (2013). An Evaluation of Psychosocial Rehabilitation Facilities for Homeless Mentally Ill In India. Artha Journal of Social Sciences.
- Jason Castillo, David Becerra , M Kwangyeop Lee , Anish KR (2013). The Role of the Government in Addressing Social Issues in India: The Perceptions of Indian Undergraduate and Graduate Social Work Students. Social Work Education.
- Anish K.R. (2013). HIV Infection Partners: A Social Worker from India Responds In: Bettmann, Jacques and Frost (2013). International Social Work Practice- Case Studies from a Global Context. London: Rutledge. Pp 56-60.
- Anish K. R., Santhosh, J. (2008). An Innovative Rehabilitation Model for Homeless Mentally Ill. Acumen 1(1). 80-87.
- Anish K.R., (2007).Families and Severe Mental Disorders: From Burden to Resilience: In Samuel V.T. (Eds.), Perspectives on Family Empowerment. Kuttikkanam: Marian Publications
- Mani, M.P., & Anish K.R, (2005). Managing Stress in the Workplace: Towards Prospective Development Management: In Mani, M.P. (Eds.), Development Management: A Holistic Approach: Kuttikkanam: Marian Publications
- Mani, M.P., & Anish K.R, (2005). Industrial Mental Health: A Social Work Perspective, Social Work Review, Baroda: MS University
- Anish K.R., (2004). “The Role of Spirituality in the care of Persons Living with HIV”. Community Care and Support for Persons Living with HIV/AIDS: Challenges for the New Millennium, An International Social Work Conference. Mumbai: India. (December 07-09, 2004)
- Anish K.R., (2003).”Sexuality of Mentally Challenged: the missing Factor”. Souvenir, AWH, Calicut: India.
- Anish K.R., (2003). “Psychiatric Rehabilitation: An Overview”. Souvenir, PCSJ, Cochin: India.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) study material for MSW (Counseling)
- Introduction of counseling and counseling as a process
- Alcohol, absenteeism and deaddictioncounseling
- Establishing family during adulthood
- Parenting skills
- Social Case Work in Health Setting
- Social Case Work in Industrial Setting
Manuals prepared for STRC-KSACS
- Intervention Based Research Manual for Targeted Intervention projects
- Project Management Manual for Targeted Intervention projects
- Manual for Refresher Training of Counselors’ in TI projects.
Plenary Lectures & Invited Talks
Meet the Expert Session
- Anish K.R. (2012). Challenges & Prospects Of An Indian Model Of Care For The Homeless Mentally Ill: Are The Policies Restrictive Or Inclusive?”. 11th World Congress of World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation at Milan, Italy from 10-13 November 2012.
- Anish K.R.(2006). An Indian Model of Low Cost Community Based Rehabilitation of Homeless Mentally Ill, IX World Congress, World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Athens, Greece12-15, October, 2006.
Anish K.R.(2013). ICT & Social Work & Chaired a session. National Seminar “ Social Work: Changing Perspectives and Exploring Social Realties, St Joseph College, Devagiri, October 26-27, 2013
- Anish K.R.(2012). Designs for Research in NGO Practice: The Perspectives on Integration , UGC Sponsored Workshop on Integrating Research into Social Work Practice for NGO Personnel, Marian College Kuttikkanam.
- Anish K.R.(2012). Child Budgeting in 11th Five Year Plan. UNICEF Sponsored Regional Consultation Meet on Child Budgeting, KTDC, 30/10/12, Kollam.
- Anish K.R.(2011). Reflections on the 2nd report of the Rights of the Child. UNICEF Sponsored Regional Consultation on the 3rd and 4th Combined Periodic report on UNCRC, 19/10/2011, Rajagiri Outreach, at RCSS.
- Anish K.R.(2010). Best Practices in Higher Education: Institution’s Perspective. NAAC Sponsored National Seminar at St Thomas College, Palai, Kerala.
- Anish K.R.(2007). Psychosocial Care and Mental Health Services in Disasters
- South Kerala Network of Schools of Social Work Responses. National Conference on"Psychosocial care and mental health services in disasters" held on 26th and 27th November 2007.
- Anish K.R. (2005). Emotional Intelligence. Utkarsh, Meredien College, Mangalore.
- Anish K.R., Divya G.S. (2014). A Life Skills Model for Enhancing Social Competence of Adolescents: Reflections from an Intervention Study, 5th International Conference on Life Skills Education organized by Indian Association of Life Skills Education at Trivandrum, 20-22 February 2014
- Anish K.R. (2013). The Perception of Poverty and Social Welfare Policies among Social Work Students. 9th International Conference of India Development Coalition of America on Fighting Poverty and Climate Solutions,RBS, Kochi Jan 11-12, 2013
- Anish K.R. (2012). An Evaluation Of Psychosocial Rehabilitation Facilities For Homeless Mentally Ill In India”. 11th World Congress of World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation at Milan, Italy from 10-13 November 2012
- S anthosh, J., Anish K.R. (2012). “Reflections on Psychosocial Rehabilitation Of Homeless Mentally Ill In India: Case Studies”. 11th World Congress of World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation at Milan, Italy from 10-13 November 2012
- Anish K.R. (2009). Paper accepted for presentation Combating Trafficking and HIV/AIDS: Results from an Intervention Study. Dyuti 2009, International Conference on Millennium Development Goals & Child Protection
- Anish K.R. (2008). Psychiatric Rehabilitation through Cultural Programmes: Rehabilitation Outcome Measured as Quality of Life and Social Functioning. 5th World Conference on Promotion of Mental health and Prevention of Mental and Behavioral Disorders, 10-12 September 2008, Melbourne, Australia (Paper accepted for presentation)
- Anish K.R. (2009). Predictive Role of Alcohol Use on Risk Perception and Condom use Behavior among Female Sex Workers in Kerala: Implications for practice. The first International conference on Alcohol and HIV in India, August 3-4, 2009 at Hotel Taj President, Mumbai. (Paper accepted for interactive Poster Presentation)
- Anish K.R. (2011). Psychosocial Rehabilitation Facilities and Rehabilitation Outcomes of Homeless Mentally ill in Kerala. XXIX Annual Conference of ISPSW- Dyuti International Conference, RCSS, 6-9 January 2011
- Anish K.R. ( 2009). Symposium: Rehabilitation with Limited Resources. X World Congress, WAPR, Bangalore, India, Nov 2009
- Anish K.R. ( 2009). Workshop: Rehabilitation. X World Congress, WAPR, Bangalore, India, Nov 2009
- Anish K.R. (2006). Quality Of Life and Level of Functioning as Rehabilitation Outcome Of Chronic Mentally Ill. IX World Congress, World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Athens, Greece12-15, October, 2006
- Anish K.R. (2005). Panel Discussion – Interventions with Children, International Conference on Family Empowerment, Marian College Kuttikkanam, September 2005
- Anish K.R. (2004). The Role of Spirituality in the Care of Persons with HIV Infection International Social Work Conference on Community Care and support for persons living with HIV/AIDS, Mumbai, December 2004
- Anish K.R. (2004). Family Psycho-Education: A Peer Education Approach. 6th Biennial Conference of the World Federation of mentally Disabled, Chennai, November 2004.
- Anish K.R. (2004).Family’s Perspective on Psycho-education: A Needs Assessment. 6th Biennial Conference of the World Federation of mentally Disabled, Chennai, November 2004
- Anish K.R. (2003). Sustainable Mental Health Delivery through Self Help Groups. 13th IUCISD International Symposium, TISS, Mumbai, India, December 2003 .
- Anish K.R. (2003). Spirituality in Palliative Care: Special Reference to HIV Infected.International Conference of Palliative Care, Indian Association of Palliative Care, Hyderabad, February 2003.
National Conferences/ Seminars
- Anish K.R. (2012). Chaired the session on Family and Health. UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Family Competence and Social Development: Emerging Paradigms in Social Work Practice, 12-14 January 2012, RCSS
- Anish K.R. (2011). Trends in Social Case Work Education and Practice: AnEcosystem Perspective. UGC Sponsored Workshop on Social Work Education in Kerala: Prospects and Challenges, 2-3 December 2011, Loyola College of Social Sciences
- Anish K.R. (2010). Quality Sustenance and Enhancement: A Marian IQACInitiative
- NAAC Sponsored Seminar on Quality Management in Higher Education, Kristu Jayanthi College, Bangalore.
- Anish K.R. (2008). Psychiatric Rehabilitation: An integration with social work methods, Workshop on Psychiatric Social Work: Theory and Practice at RCSS, 26-27 Dec 2008
- Anish K.R. (2008). Faith Based Organizations in the Rehabilitation of homeless mentally ill. 5th National Seminar on Social Work and HIV/AIDS, Organized by IGNOU & ISI Bangalore, 28-31 Aug 2008
- Anish K.R. (2008). Mental Health and Wellbeing: A Perspective on Social Work Practice. National Seminar on Recent trends in Social Work Approach, SGTDS, 20-22 Feb 2008
- Anish K.R.(2007). Action Plan for Containing the Epidemics, Consultant for preparation of action plan and documentation. National Workshop on Emerging Fevers, Organized by Govt. of Kerala, NRHM11/12,13/12,28/12/2007
- Anish K.R. (2007). HIV/AIDS Prevention through Peer Education: A Case Study. 4th National Seminar on Social Work and HIV/AIDS, Organized byIGNOU & DBI, Guwahati
- Anish K.R.(2007). Community based rehabilitation of mentally ill . Care giver’s Training Program in psychiatric Rehabilitation, WAPR & KFCMD, 24-25 March 2007
- Anish K.R. (2006). Trafficking and HIV/AIDS: A Perspective on Awareness of Adolescent Girls. 3rd National Seminar on Social Work and HIV/AIDS, New Delhi, , Organized by IGNOU and Embassy of USA, October 2006.
- Anish K.R.(2004). A Peer Education Approach to Sexual Health Promotion in Colleges, National Seminar on Sexual Health, December 2004, Marian College Kuttikkanam, Kerala Organized in association withSexual Health Resource Centre, New Delhi. Organizing Secretary
- Anish K.R. (2002). Community Based HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care in Developing Countries. National conference of Professional Social Work, Karnataka Association of Professional Social Workers, Bangalore, 2002.
- 10th Annual National Seminar on Social Work Response to HIV/AIDS, January 28-31, 2013 at Central University of Kerala, Kasargod.
- Regional Workshop on Current Status of MDGs in Kerala, NRHM, Jan 2009.
- UNICEF Workshop on Understanding Children’s Issues Against MDGs: possibilities for PRIs- Schools of Social Work Interface for Locally Relevant Interventions , ASSK at RCSS, Dec 2008
- Statewide Awareness Campaign on the Cause and Consequences of iodine Deficiency Disorders among Children, Dec 2008
- National Seminar on Environment Management, RCSS & AICTE, 21/08/2004
- 2-day Colloquium of Social Work Educators in Kerala organized by Rajagiri College, October 2003
- National conference on Psycho Oncology, NIMHANS, Bangalore 2001
- National seminar on ‘Indigenization of Social Work in the New Millennium’, Kalady, Kerala, 2000
List of Conferences Coordinated
- ToT Workshops on Life Skills at RCSS and acted as the Lead Facilitator ,23rd May to 25th May 2013
- ToT Workshops on Life Skills at RCSS and acted as the Lead Facilitator29th to 31st July 2013 ( For School Counselors)
- ToT Workshops on Life Skills at RCSS and acted as the Lead Facilitator12th Dec to 14th Dec 2013
- Dyuti 2013- International Conference on global Public health and Social Work at RCSS with the support of NRHM, ICMR and UGC.
- 7th National Seminar on Social Work Response to HIV/AIDS, 2010, IGNOU, New Delhi
- Workshop on Predictive Analysis Software (SPSS/PASW-17), 2009 in association with SPSS South Asia Ltd.
- International Conference on Family Empowerment, 2005 at Marian College Kuttikkanam
- Spectra – National level Social Work Student’s Meet and Workshop
- National Seminar on Sexual Health, 2004, at Marian College Kuttikkanam in collaboration with SHRC, New Delhi
- Anish K.R. (2014). National Workshop on Instructional Design. Christ University, Bangalore. 29 September-1 October 2014
- Anish K.R. (2014). Feeling Good and Doing Well. ToT on Mental Health Promotion Module for Youth. NIMHANS, Bangalore, 18-22 August 2014.
- Anish K.R.(2009). Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS). MarriotLibrary, University of Utah, USA.
- Anish K.R.(2009).Endnote. Marriot Library, University of Utah, USA.
- Anish K.R.(2009). WebCT/Blackboard. Marriot Library, University of Utah, USA.
- Anish K.R (2006). ToT workshop on Psycho Social Interventions for disaster Survivors17-19 December, at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Anish K.R.(2005). Workshop on HIV & Trafficking in women and Girls, University of Kerala13-14 December 2005
- Anish K.R. (2004). Level 1 Dementia Care Training Program University of Wolver Hampton, UK, 2-3 February 2004
Seminars etc. delivered at other institutions on invitation
- Seminar on Mental Health Family Management of Severe Mental Disorders 21-22 March, 2008, Half Day Margadeepthi Charitable Trust, Palakkad
- Seminar on Modern Trends in Deaddiction Counseling Counseling for Relapse Prevention 21/09/2006, One day DARE,Peermade
- Seminar on Community Based Rehabilitation Role of family in CBR 11-12, March,2006 2 hours World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Seminar on Community Based Rehabilitation Community participation in CBR 24-25 March,2007 2 hours World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation
List of Conferences Directed
National Seminar on Sexual Health, 2004 3 Days Social Work Students, Social Work Practitioners Sexual Health Resource Center, New Delhi Organizing Secretary
- International Conference on Family Empowerment, 2005 4 days Social Work Students, Social Work Practitioners, Mental Health Professionals etc. Nil Joint Secretary
- Workshop on Predictive Analysis Software (SPSS/PASW-17), 2009 2 days Social Work Students, Social Work Practitioners, Mental Health Professionals, Research Scholars etc SPSS South Asia Limited Organizing Secretary
- 7th National Seminar on Social Work Response to HIV/AIDS, 2010 4 days Social Work Students, Social Work Practitioners, Mental Health Professionals, Research Scholars etc IGNOU, New Delhi Organizing Secretary
- Spectra – National level Social Work Student’s Meet and Workshop Annual Social Work Students IGSSS, UNICEF etc. Conceptualized and devised (along with the team) the academically oriented, skill based and outcome oriented event
- UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Integrating Research Into Practice for NGO Personnel 2 Days NGO Personnel UGC Proposal sanctioned by UGC, To be conducted in July 2011
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Children & Youth, Haworth Press, USA.
- Worked as Exchange/Visiting Faculty at University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA April – May 2009. Engaged classes for MSW students
- Obtained training from Marriot Library, University of Utah, USA in the following areas
- - Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS)
- - Endnote
- - WebCT/Blackboard
- Attended and Presented paper at Greece, Athens
- Completed three international collaborative researches