Vimina E R
Rajagiri School of Computer Science
She holds ME degree in Computer Science and Engineering and B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Currently pursuing doctoral research in Image Retrieval at Cochin University of Science and Technology. She has 10 years of teaching experience and has publications in reputed national and international journals. Her teaching and research interests include Digital Systems, Microprocessors and Interfacing, Computer Graphics and Digital Image Retrieval.
- Pursuing PhD in Computer Science
- M E (Computer Science and Engineering)
- B Tech (Electrical and Electronics)
- Understanding Research Methods (Authorized by University of London and SOAS University of London and offered through Coursera)
- Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python (NPTEL Online Certification - Elite)
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Working in Rajagiri School of Computer Science since September 2001.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, VLB Janakiammal College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Digital Electronics
- Microprocessors and Interfacing
- Computer Graphics
- Operating Systems
- Content Based Image Retrieval
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- “Boosting Retrieval Efficiency with Image Replacement Based Relevance Feedback”, 4th International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI-2015), Kerala, Agust 2015.
- “An Efficient Multi Query System for Content Based Image Retrieval Using Query Replacement”, 16th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD 2015), Japan, June 2015.
- Vimina E R, K Poulose Jacob, "An Evaluation of Image Matching Algorithms for Region Based Image Retrieval", International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology (Accepted)
- E.R. Vimina, K. Poulose Jacob, “A Sub-block Based Image Retrieval Using Modified Integrated Region Matching”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues”, Volume 10, issue 1, No. 2, pp 686-692.
- E.R. Vimina, K. Poulose Jacob, “ CBIR Using Local and Global properties of Image Sub-blocks”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, SERSC (Science & Engineering Research Support soCiety), Vol. 48, pp. 11-21, 2012
- E.R. Vimina, Poulose Jacob K, “Image Retrieval Using Low Level Features of Object Regions with Application to Partially Occluded images”, Proceedings of the 17th Iberoamerican Congress on pattern Recognition (CIARP 2012), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, , Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Volume 7441/2012, pp 422-429, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 2012
- E.R. Vimina, Poulose Jacob K, “Image Retrieval using Local and Global Properties of Image Regions With Relevance Feedback”, 2012 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI-2012), Chennai, India, August 2012, pp. 683-689.
- E.R. Vimina, K. Poulose Jacob, “ Content Based Image Retrieval Using Low Level Features of Automatically Extracted Regions of Interest”,2012 4th International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT 2012), April 2012, Kanyakumari, India , pp 487-490.
- E.R. Vimina, Poulose Jacob K, “Image retrieval using colour and texture features of Regions Of Interest”, 2012 International Conference on Information Retrieval & Knowledge Management (CAMP 2012), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 13-15 March 2012, pp 240-243. Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/InfRKM.2012.6204981
- E.R. Vimina, K. Poulose Jacob, “Image Retrieval using Local Colour and Texture Features”, Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, London, UK, November 24-25, 2011, Vol.125, pp 767-772.
- E.R. Vimina, Alba Urmese Areekal, "Telling Computers and Humans Apart Automatically Using Activity Recognition", Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics- SMC2009, Texas, USA, October 2009, pp 4906-4909
- E.R. Vimina, "An Automated Reverse Turing Test Using Facial Expressions", Proceedings of the International Conference on Human System Interactions HSI'09,Catania, Italy, pp 314-317, May 2009.
- E.R. Vimina, "Expression Recognition CAPTCHA", Journal of Computer Science, Vol.2, No.1, pp.1-7, July-August 2006
- E.R. Vimina, "CAPTCHA- Are You Human Or Computer?", South Asian Journal of Socio-Political Studies, Vol.7, No.1, pp.128–130, July-Dec. 2006.
- "ER CAPTCHA" in the National Conference on Web intelligence, December 2006.
Seminar / Workshop / Refresher / Training Attended
- “Workshop on Open GL” organized by Federal institute of Science and Technology, Angamaly on 24 January 2014.
- one day workshop on Integrated MCA Course at MG University, Kottayam on 11 October 2013 organized by Department of Computer Science, MG University.
- Faculty Development Programme on "Applications of Mathematics" organized by Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology, Kakkanad during 3-15 December 2012.
- 3 day National workshop on “Cryptography and Network Security”, organized by Department of Computer Science, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi, during 5-7 July 2012
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Advanced Research Methodology”, organized by Department of Social Work (Research), , Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi, during 17-19 March 2011.
- Second National Conference on Computational Science and Engineering –NCCSE 2011, organized by Department of Computer Science, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi during 4-6 February 2011
- Mission10X workshop at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology, Kakkanad during 20-24 April 2009 organizeed by Wipro Technologies.
- Four day national Conference on Education and Research - ConFER 2009, organized by CSI Division V on Education and Research at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology, Kakkanad during 11-14 March 2009.
- Two day National Conference on Computational Science and Engineering - NCCSE 2009, organized by Rajagiri School of Computer Science, on February 6-7, 2009.
- Foundation course on algorithms & complexity organized by the Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science & Technology from 3 March 2007 to 4 march 2007.
- Two day National Conference on Web Intelligence 2006, organized by Rajagiri School of Computer Science in association with IEEE Computer Society Kerala Section and Computer Soceity of India (CSI) Cochin Chapter, on 15 – 16 December 2006.
- Short-term course on Embedded System Design Using Micro-controllers conducted by Sophisticated Test and Instrumentation Center (STIC), CUSAT during 18 Feb – 25 Feb 2006.
- Microsoft Academic Day on 17 Dec 2005 at SCMS Campus
- Training Course in Counseling at Morning Star Home Science College during 20 Oct – 22 Oct 2005.
- Two day national Conference on ‘Microprogrammed Control and Embedded Systems’, organized by MACFAST, Thiruvalla on 18-19 March 2005.
- Two day National Conference on Network Security NetSec2005, organized by Rajagiri School of Computer Science, on February 11-12, 2005.
- Professional Memberships
- Member, Computer Society of India (CSI), India
- Member, IAENG
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- Dan Xu, Peng Cui, Wenwu Zhu, Shiquiang Yang, "Find Me From Your Friends: Graph based Residence Location Prediction for Users in Social Media", 2014 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo. Presented on 25/8/2014.
- "Direction Based Adaptive Weighted Switching Median Filter for Removing High Density Impulse Noise", by Madhu S. Nair and P. M. Ameera Mol, Computers and Electrical Engineering, Elsevier, Vol.39, No.2, pp.663-689, February 2013.
- Content Based Image Retrieval - An Introduction
- Embedded System Design Using Micro Controllers
- Fundamentals of Digital Electronics