Rajagiri School of Computer Science
She holds an MCA degree from M.S. University Thirunelveli and is currently pursuing Doctoral Research in Software Engineering at Bharathiar University. She has more than 18 years of teaching experience in Post graduate Level. She has to her credit several research papers published in reputed National and International journals. She has undergone an internship program with US Technology Resources, Trivandrum. Her areas of research and interest are Software Engineering/Agile computing .She is presently working as a faculty in the department of computer Science, Rajagiri College of social sciences. Member of IAENG (International Association of Engineers).
- Pursuing PhD in Software Engineering at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. Physics) from Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Understanding Research Methods (Authorized by University of London and SOAS University of London and offered through Coursera)
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research)
- Faculty, VidyaBharathi Institute of Management & Technology, Cochin.
- Guest Lecturer, Cochin University of Science And Technology (MCA Department).
- Lecturer, School of Communication & Management Studies(SCMS), Cochin.
- Faculty / Programmer, ET & T Kollam.
Area of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Software engineering
- Agile computing
- Neural Networks
Research Projects / Consultancy / Training / MDP conducted
- Case study Competition Judge, Inflore '07, Rajagiri School of Management, Kakkanad.
- Consultant (Subject Expert) for the +2 Computer Science Teacher's Interview.
- Coordinator for the "YOUNG TALENT SEARCH IN COMPUTER PROGRAMMING – 2006" conducted by the Computer Society of India (CSI).
- Resource person for CBSE +2 Teachers Refresher. Course in November 2005 conducted by Computer Society of India (CSI) Cochin chapter.
Publication ( Book / Article / Case ) / Paper Presentations
- Jaya Vijayan, G. Raju “Collaborative Requirements Elicitation using Elicitation tool for Small projects”in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication, Power and Embedded System , IEEE -SCOPES-2016
- Jaya Vijayan ,G.Raju “Service oriented requirements engineering- A new dimension" ,has been accepted in the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Information Technology – CIIT 2011,Proceedings published by Springer.
- Jaya Vijayan ,Raju G. "A New approach to Requirements Elicitation Using Paper Prototype" has been published in International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol. 28, March, 2011,PP 9-16.
- Jaya Vijayan ,G.Raju “"Requirements Elicitation Using Paper Prototype" ,2010 International Conference on Advanced Software Engineering and its Applications ,Korea, LNCS/CCIS series (Springer).
- Madhu S.Nair, Jaya Vijayan, "Simplified Neural Model for the Software Development Team Optimization", The International Arab Journal of Information Technology, Vol.5, No.2, pp.148-153, April 2008.
- Jaya Vijayan, “COBOL beyond the 20th century”, South Asian Journal of Socio-Political studies, Vol 8 No.1, December 2007.
- Jaya Vijayan, “A three Step Approach to Requirements Engineering Pertaining to small Projects”, proceedings of the National Conference on Software Engineering (NCSOFT- ’07), Organized by CUSAT in Association with CSI, pp-189-192, April 26-27, 2007
- Madhu S. Nair, Jaya Vijayan, "Neural Model for the Optimization of Software Project Team", Egyptian Computer Science Journal, Vol.28, No.2, pp.25-32, May 2006.
Seminar / Workshop / Refresher / Training Attended
- Attended two day International Conference on Knowledge Engineering- Theory and Practices organized by Rajagiri School of computer science, July 24th & 25th 2015
- Attended a three day seminar on "Preparation For Autonomy" at Christ University, Bangalore from 12th March 2014 to 14th March 2014.
- Attended a "UGC Sponsored one day National Seminar on Mobile Technology: Android & Its Future" organized by S.H. College Thevara on 22nd January,2014.
- 3 day National workshop on “Cryptography and Network Security”, organized by Department of Computer Science, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi, during 5-7 July 2012
- A two day workshop on “Effective class room teaching skills for college teachers organized by the Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum(CEDBEC), Christ University, Bangalore in association with International Federation of Catholic Universities(IFCU) on 11 - 12 May 2011.
- Second National Conference on Computational Science and Engineering –NCCSE 2011, organized by Department of Computer Science, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi during 4-6 February 2011
- Two day National Conference on Computational Science and Engineering - NCCSE 2009, organized by Rajagiri School of Computer Science, on February 6-7, 2009.
- Two day National Conference on Software Engineering "NCSOFT'08" Organised by CUSAT in association with CSI, on 4th & 5th December, 2008.
- Three Day National Seminar on “Resolving Stress to optimize Academic Achievement – the innovative Role Of Teachers” organized by St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam, on November 12th-14th 2008
- A One Day Workshop on “IT at 2012” Organized by Cochin University of science and technology in Association with IBM on 2nd July 2008.
- Attended a two day National Conference on Web Intelligence 2006, organized by Rajagiri School of Computer Science, on December 15th & 16th , 2006.
- Two weeks Industry Internship Programme from 22nd May to 03 June 2006 at US Technology Resources Pvt. Ltd., TechnoPark, Trivandrum
- Attended a two day National Conference on Network Security NetSec2005, organized by Rajagiri School of Computer Science, on February 11-12, 2005.
- Two Days Workshop on "Content Development" at PSG Institute of Management 6th & 7th , 2004.
Professional Membership / Certification
- Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG).
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- Advanced Modelling Paradigms - Tools, Techniques and Constructs -Part1
- Advanced Modelling Paradigms - Tools, Techniques and Constructs-Part2
- Tacit Requirements Elicitation Framework “– ARPN Journal Engineering and Applied Sciences 12-07-2016
- Unified Modeling Language ( UML)
- Data Flow Diagrams (DFD)
- StakeRare: Using Social Networks And Collaborative Filtering For Large-scale Requirements Elicitation- Soo Ling Lim , Anthony Finkelstein,IEEE Transactions On Software Engineering Volume 38 Issue 3, May 2012 Pages 707-735.
- " Stakeholder analysis & Requirements Elicitation Using Prototyping tool for small projects" -Research work as part of Phd
- “ Elicita “ –An effortless requirements elicitation tool