Dr. Annam Alice K. A. (On Leave)
Rajagiri School of Commerce
She is a post graduate in Commerce with specialization in Financial Management.. Secured M.Phil from Cochin University of Science and Technology, Ph. D from M. G. University, Kottayam and MBA (Finance) from Pondicherry University. She is the Former HOD of St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam where she began her teaching career and has teaching experience for more than 34 years. She was actively involved in Extension activities, Mentoring , student cousnseling , Career guidance and Value education.
- MBA in Finance, Pondicherry University: 2015
- Ph. D in Commerce, M. G. University Kottayam: 2009
- M. Phil in Commerce, Cochin University of Science and Technology(CUSAT): 1990
- M. Com from Sree Kerala Varma Govt. College, Trichur(Calicut University):1980
34 years experience in Teaching in St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam. Specialisation Financial Management and Marketing Management Positions Held HOD, Dept. Of Commerce, St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam Core committee Member, IQAC Secretary –PTA
- UGC sponsored Minor Project on ’Influence of Media Advertisement on Consumer Behaviour.’ 2007
- Consultancy service on ' Research Orientation and Practice' was offered to the students of St. Teresa's College, Ernakulam on June 29, 2016.
- Resource Person for the workshop on ‘Women Empowerment ’ as a part of International Women’s Day Celebraions held by Residents’ Association, Powerhouse Road, Ernakulam: March 13,2016
- Chaired the National Seminar Sessions ‘Doing Business in India-Challenges and Opportunities Ahead’ organized by Cochin College, Kochi: August 29-30, 2014
- Chaired the National sessions on ‘Equipping New Era Practitioners: Teaching –Learning and Evaluation’ Organized by IQAC, St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam: June20-21, 2013.
- Resource person and Moderator for the Workshop on ‘ Women’s Safety and Protection’ organized by MRRA Ernakulam: March 03,2013
- Chairman and Asst. Superintendent of Examinations, MG University: 2011, 2012, 2013,2014.
- College Officer for ‘All India Survey on Higher Education of MHRD’: 2011-2012
- Resource person for the seminar on ‘Varied Aspects of Commerce Education’ organized by Commerce Club of Avila College, Edakochi : 12th of December, 2012.
- Panel Member for the Interview for Recruitment of Probationary Officers, Indian Bank: May9-5,2011 Delivered an invited lecture on ‘Desirable practices in Teaching, Learning and Evaluation’ at the National Conference held at BPC College, Piravom: June 29-30,2010.
- Panel Member for the Interview for ‘Special Recruitment Drive For Scheduled Tribe Candidates’ of Indian Overseas Bank: 2008
- Training in ‘Book-Keeping and Accountancy’ given to rural women at Panangad, Cochin as a part of project on ‘Non-Formal Education For Women’ sponsored by Xavier Board of Higher Education India, Bangalore: 1998-2000.
Presentations/Publications(Books / Articles)
- ‘Tracking Consumer Decision Process for Successful Marketing to Rural Consumers’ in the Book titled ‘Marketing to Rural consumes: Understanding and Tapping Rural Market Potential, ’ ISBN: 978-81-7446-720-1 in 2009
- ‘Student Participation for the Quality Enhancement of Higher Education Institutions’ during the National Conference organized by IQAC, St. Berchman’s College, Changanassery: 14.15 January 2011
- Paper titled ‘Tracking Consumer Decision Process for Successful Marketing to Rural Consumers’ in the National Conference held at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode(IIM-K):April 3-5, 2008
- ‘General Attitude towards Advertising: A Consumer Perspective,’ in Cognizance, A Research Journal of Commerce and Management by St. Albert’s College, Ernakulam: Vol.1 No-1,January 2007
Seminar / Workshop / Training attended
- Participated in "Start-O-Sphere" Entrepreneurship Summit and Workshop, IIM-Kozhikode, 10 Sep 2016
- 22nd Triennial Confernce of Xavier Board of Higher Education in India, held at Sahradaya College of Engineering and Technology, Trichur: May 05-08,2016.
- National Seminar on ’Start Up India Stand Up India’ held by Albertian Institute of Management, Kochi and KSIDC Ltd. : March 22,2016
- National Seminar on ‘Equipping New Era Practitioners: Teaching –Learning and Evaluation.’ Organized by St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam : June20-21,2013
- National Seminar on ‘Women in Developmental Process’ organized by St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam and Social Service Society, Ernakulam : August 6-8, 2012
Professional membership / certification
- Life Member in Commerce Association of Kerala
- Certification in ‘Counseling’ issued by All India Association of Christian Higher Education: May 1981
Area of Interest
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Business Statistics
- Research Methodology
- Value Education