M.A. Social Work (Medical & Psychiatry)
Rajagiri School of Social Work
Post graduate in Social Work with specialization in Medical and Psychiatric Social Work from Loyola College (Autonomous) Chennai. He has more than Six years of experience in professional Social Work, academics and administration. Areas of interest include: Medical & Psychiatric Social Work, Mental Health, Geriatric Social Work, Physical disability and Child protection.
- M.A. Social Work (Medical & Psychiatry), Loyola College (Autonomous) Chennai.
- Asst. Director, KRIPA, (Kerala Rehabilitation Institute for the Physically Affected), Chunangumvely.
- Asst. Director, Sevagram (Orphanage,), Caring for the uncared, Pothy.
- Asst. Director, Avedana Bhavan, (Palliative Care for Cancer patients), Pothy, Thalayolaparambu
- School Counselor at Amala CMI Public School, Kottarappilly, Vaikom
- Pastoral care and visiting experiences at Senior’s Homes, Barrie, Toronto, Canada
Disability FIELD WORK
- Visiting Experience in Davids Busby Centre (Social Services Organization), Barrie, Canada
- Visiting Experience in out of the cold(Social Services Organization), Barrie, Canada
- Bro. Siga Animation Centre, Vyasarpadi, Chennai
- Stanley Medical College, Department of Psychiatry, Chennai.
- Jeevodaya: Hospice for cancer patients, Manali, Chennai
- “Integrating Life Skill Education for Capacity Building of Youth Under DDU-GKY Programme: An Intervention Study”
- “Life satisfaction and adjustment problems of the male retired persons at Chunagumvely, Aluva”.
- “Tobacco use and related factors among pre-university students in an Agency, Chennai”.
SEMINARS / CONFERENCES / TRAINING PROGRAMMES PARTICIPATED
- Participated faculty exchange programme from March 25th to April 29th 2017 at Vives University College, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Participated International Seminar on “Human Rights” from March 27th 2017 – March 31st 2017 at Vives University College, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Advanced statistical skills workshop at Rajagiri College, Kalamassery from 10th to 12th April, 2017.
- Participated a National seminar on “Youth Development” at Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Chennai on March 2016.
- TOT workshop on “Psychosocial Care for Children in Conflict With Law” at NIMHANS, Bangalore, 18-23rd January 2016
- Attended Training workshop on SPSS at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, April 2016.
- Participated National Conference On “Corporate Social Responsibility and Children” at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences on January 2016
- Work shop on Recent Trends in Psychiatric Social Work at NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Workshop on Performance Improvement at Christ University, Bangalore
- Participated seminar on the Person’s with Disabilities Act, 1995 and Rules at Santhwana Institute, Ernakulam
- Organized and participated a National Seminar on “75 years of Professional Social Work Practice in India: Contribution and Way Forward.”, Loyola College, Chennai
- Organized and participated a seminar on Challenges in Rehabilitation of the Persons with Disabilities, Jeevas Kendra, Aluva •
- Participated National Seminar on “Human Rights”.
- Participated UGC – CPE sponsored soft skill training on “Polishing the Poise”.
PRESENTATIONS / PUBLICATION
- Jointly presented a paper on “Post Retirement Life of Elderly: An Analysis” at DYUTI International Conference held on 5th January 2017 at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery.
- Jointly presented a paper on “Psycho-Social well-being of teenaged orphans: The Increasing role of CSR” at DYUTI National Seminar held on 7th January 2016 at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences.
- Article presentation on “Cross-sectoral collaboration in the pursuit of social change: Addressing sex trafficking in West Bengal” at the faculty council meeting
- Presented a paper on “Child Rights in India: Issues and Challenges” International week held on 28th March, 2017 at Vives University, Kortrijk, Belgium.
- Presented a paper on “Social Diversity: Intercultural Social work in India” on 24th April, 2017 at Catholic University of Eichstätt, Germany.
- ICSW (Indian Council of Social Welfare)
- KAPS (Kerala Association of Professional Social Workers)
AREA OF INTEREST (TEACHING / RESEARCH)
- Legal information for social workers
- Social Group Work
- ;Micro Credit and NGO
- Administration of Social welfare agencies
- Medical and Psychiatric Social Work Research
- Pain and Palliative Care
- Geriatric Care
- Child Care