Sr. Bincy C. C
MSW, Assistant Professor
Rajagiri School of Social Work
Sr. Bincy Maria (Bincy C. C) is Assistant Professor in the Department of Social work at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kerala, India. She is a Postgraduate in Social work with specialization in Rural and Urban Community Development from Calicut University (Vimala College, Thrissur) and secured M-Phil in Social work from Christ University Bangalore. She is currently perusing doctoral research on the topic of “Well-being of children affected by family violence: A strengths- based intervention study” from MG university Kottayam. She has 2 years’ of field experience as a social worker in destitute home. Her teaching and research interests are in the area of community development, children and women, local governance and development, geriatric care management and environmental studies.
- PhD (Social Work) ongoing, MG University, Kottayam.
- M Phil (Christ University Bangalore).
- MSW (Rural and Urban Community Development), Calicut University (Vimala College Thrissur).
Work Experience (Teaching / Industry / Research
- 2 years of field experience in working with destitute and mentally ill national organization.
- Worked as a consellor in Mercy hospital Pothy.
Seminar / Workshop / Refresher course / Training attended
- National social workers meet DENOVO at De Paul Institute of Science and Technology in 2010.
- International Conference, DYUTI at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences in January 2011.
- National seminar on protection of human rights of the psychologically ill at Vimala College, Thrissur in June 2014
- State level social work students’ meet “Rendezvous” on the theme community mobilization for empowerment: Trending strategies and practice models at Rajagiri College of social Sciences on January 2014.
- National seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility: A threshold in social work at St. Thomas College Thrissur in February 2015.
- National Conference on Applied Health Psychology: Trends and Challenges on 25 August, 2017 at RCBSR, Rajagiri College of social Sciences.
- National conference on “Reimaging Social Work Education in the Outcome-based Perspectives and Practices” on January 4th and 5th 2018 organized by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences at Valley Campus, Kochi.
- One Day National Conference on Social Science Researches Today: Outcomes and Challenges (Scholar express) on 14th July 2018 at Christ University Bangalore.
- Effect of Neglect and violence by parents on children- a qualitative study, National Conference on Applied Health Psychology: Trends and Challenges on 25 August, 2017 at RCBSR, Rajagiri College of social Sciences.
- Academic and behavioural problems of children affected by family violence (Scholar Express) - One Day National Conference on Social Science Researches Today: Outcomes and Challenges on 14th July 2018 at Christ University Bangalore.
- Reflections on social work practice with children affected by parental violence National Conference on Outcome Based Perspectives in Social Work Education (DYUTI 18), January 4-5, 2018.
- Digital literacy among senior citizens of age friendly college project National conference on Active aging: Paradigms for postmodern era organized by center for gerontology, Department of social work central university of Kerala on 6th and 7th December 2018.
Presentation made in the Rajagiri Faculty Council
- Financial Capability and Asset Building in Social Work Education by Jodi Jacobson Frey, Christine Callahan, Margaret Sherraden and Julie Birkenmaier Journal of social work education 2017, vol. 53, no. 1, 79–83-Article review.
- Review of Mental Health Promotion Interventions in Schools Michelle O’Reilly, Nadzeya Svirydzenka, Sarah Adams and Nisha Dogra, Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology (2018) - Article review.
Professional Membership / Certification
- Kerala Association of Professional Social Workers (KAPS)
- Indian Council of Social Welfare (ICSW)
Areas of Interest (Teaching / Research)
- Work with community
- Local governance & development
- Geriatric care management
- Environmental Studies.
- Project planning and management
- Families with children and adolescents
- Adolescent mental health
- Family issues
- Women issues