Arya Chandran L
Mphil (Social work)
Rajagiri School of Social Work
- Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work, St.Joseph’s College, Pilathara, Kannur (June 2016- May 2017)
- Worked at Hindustan Latex Family Planning Promotion Trust (HLFPPT) Kerala unit as Consultant Research and Documentation placed at Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) (October 2009 to May 2011).
- Doctoral research fellow at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai (pursuing)
- Master of Philosophy in Social Work(Mphil) from TISS, Mumbai (2013).
- Master in Social Work with specialisation in community development from Loyola College of Social Sciences, Trivandrum, Kerala (2009).
- Qualified UGC-NET &Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Social Work (2009), University Grant Commission
- Arya C. 2015. 'A Study on Knowledge and Practices on Reproductive Health among Tribal Adolescent girls of Pudur panchayat, Kerala', Adolescent health, K.Sathyamurthi, Today publication, Chennai, pg: 98-105 (ISBN:978-93-81992-21-0).
- Arya C. 2013. 'Community Organisation'. Ronald Y. et al. Social Work An introductory Text book. 34-39.
- Arya C.2013. 'Social Action and Advocacy'. Ronald Y. et al. Social Work An introductory Text book. 40-45. Regal Publication, New Delhi
- 'Gender sensitization' workshop for Police officers in Kannur district organised at Narcotic Cell, Kannur
- Sub editor for International Council for Social Welfare (ICSW) newsletter for August 2015 edition.
- Worked asResearch Assistant for ‘Health and Nutrition need assessment in select Panchayats of Wayanad, Palakkad and Idukki districts of Kerala’. The study was a joint venture by State Department for Scheduled Tribe Development, Kerala and Hindustan Latex Family Planning Promotion Trust. The tenure was from June 2013 to August 2013.
- Paper presented on ‘Understanding Health inequity in Kerala’ at Indian Association for Social Science and Health held during 10-12 December 2015
- Participated in workshop on Monitoring and Evaluation organised by International Institute of Population Studies, Mumbai.
- Presented a research paper titled “Study on Knowledge and Practices on Reproductive Health among Tribal Adolescent girls of Pudur panchayat, Kerala”, in the National Conference on Adolescent Health at Madras School of Social Work, Chennai held during 23-24January, 2015 sponsored by University Commission, New Delhi.
Area of interests
- Social work research
- Community organisation
- Social inequities
- Public health
- Tribal education