Elsa Mary Jacob
MSW (Family & Child Welfare)
Rajagiri School of Social Work
Post graduate in Social Work specialised in Family & Child Welfare from Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, with 12+ years of experience in Child welfare, Community Development, Women Empowerment, Social Work Education (Teaching) & Training, CBR, CSR and Research. She is currently pursuing her doctoral studies on “Impact of Social Work Intervention on the Achievement Motivation of Disadvantaged Youth”. She was also a part of various Development Initiatives, White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI) programme, Child Line, Bal Panchayat, and ICDS initiatives.
Awards & Recognitions
- University 1st Rank & Gold Medallist for MSW, 2000, Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Fr. Francis Sales Memorial Award for the top scorer in MSW.
- Ms.Roshni Prabhakaran Memorial Award for the top scorer in MSW.
- Child Welfare Clinic, M.A.J Hospital to the top scorer in Family & Child Welfare.
- Undertaken the 1st innovative project of Bangalore University.
- Evaluation Research of 25 years of Don Bosco Anbu Illam, Chennai.
- UGC-NET, 2012
- M Phil in Social Work, Bharathiar University, (2016)
- MSW (Family & Child Welfare), Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, University, (1998-2000)
- BA English Literature, Calicut University (1998)
Professional Experience (Teaching/Industry/Research)
- Project Officer, Centre for Development & Empowerment of Women Society, Bangalore
- Research & Development Officer, CARITAS INDIA – CBR Forum, Bangalore
- Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work, Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore.
- Research and Documentation Officer, Rajagiri OutREACH, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kerala.
- Site Manager - Voluntary Testing and Counselling Centre (Mobile VCTC), PSI (Population Services International), Cochin, Kerala
- Resource Mobilisation Officer, Community Aid & Sponsorship Programme, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kerala.
- Life Member of ICSW
- Life Member of IAPSW
- Member of Social Workers’ Forum, Bangalore
Trainings/ Workshops Participated
- Workshop on Situational Analysis.
- Workshop on Data Analysis for Social Sciences.
- Consultation Meeting on the inculcation of ICPS in Social Work Education.
- Consultation Meeting on Participation Rights of Children organized by UNICEF.
- Panel Discussion on Social Work Intervention in Health Settings.
- Workshop on ICD classification 10 organised by NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Workshop on Women’s Mental Health organised by NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Workshop on in-country Adoption organised by NIPCCD, Bangalore.
- Workshop on Professional Social Work Intervention in Nirashraya Parihara Kendra (Beggars Colony), Bangalore organised by Bangalore University.