VISHNU N S
Rajagiri School of Commerce
Holds a Master degree in Commerce (Finance) with First rank from Department of Commerce, University of Kerala and a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce(Computer Application) with a First position from Christian College Kattakada, Thiruvananthapuram. He has an Advanced Diploma in English for Communication/Journalism and Creative Writing from UGC sponsored Add-on Programme.
- Post-Graduation in M.Com (Finance 2015 - 2017) from Department of Commerce, School of Business Management & Legal Studies, University of Kerala, in June 2017 (86.05% , First Class with Distinction)
- Graduation in B.Com (Computer Application) from Christian College Kattakada, Thiruvananthapuram, in April 2015 with 96% marks.
- Advanced Diploma in English for Communication/Journalism and Creative Writing from UGC sponsored Add-on Programme from Department of English. Christian College, Kattakada in June 2015
- Qualified the UGC - NET (Commerce) in May 2017.
- Qualified the APTIS (Teachers), a flexible online English test conducted by British Council in May 2016 with 79%.
- HSE(12th) from Janardhanapuram Higher Secondary School, Ottasekharamangalam in May 2012 with 93.8% marks
- SSLC (10th) from Janardhanapuram Higher Secondary School, Ottasekharamangalam in May 2010 with 85% marks.
- Successfully completed an online non credit course "International Business II" authorized by University of New Mexico and offered through Coursera.
- Successfully completed an online non credit course "Understanding Research Methods" authorized by University of London and SOAS University of London and offered through Coursera.
- Secured First Rank in M.Com (Finance) from University of Kerala
- First position in B.Com (Computer Application) for the year 2015 with 96 % marks from Kerala University.
- Has nominated as a member of District Planning committee (Referred by Kerala University) for the Year 2017.
- Recipient of University Merit Scholarship awarded by University of Kerala for the period of two (2) Years.
- First position at the Inter-disciplinary Post Graduate research Conference in Social Science, Partner to Excel, conducted by Post Graduate Department of Commerce with association with FLAIR (Following Excellence) at Government College for Arts and Science, Nedumangaud on 10th March 2016.
- Assistance rendered as a student volunteer (Anchoring) at the 77th session of the Indian History Congress(IHC) at the University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, 28-30 December 2016
- Attended 21 Days Residential Training of Trainers Programme in Communicative English and Basic IT skills conducted by Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) at Sree Vyasa NSS College, Waddakancheri, Thrissur.
- Has participated in the Block level round of "FEDERAL BANK –SPEAK FOR KERALA" a state level inter-college debate competition held on 10th December 2015 at Kerala University, Karyavattom Campus.
- An active member of various activities like NSS, eco club, science club, quiz club etc., at college level and held the office at many responsible post including Vice - president & Secretary.
- Participated in 7 days NSS residential camp held at Government Mental Hospital. Oolanpara. Thiruvananthapuram.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce, Christnagar College, Maranalloor, Thiruvananthapuram – from June 2017 to December 2017
- Published a paper entitled “Effects of Demonetization: A study from the Perspective of Retailers in Trivandrum District” in "Commerce and Management in Changing Times-Proceedings of the International Conference on Commerce and Management in Changing Times [ICCMCT’17]".ISBN 978-93-5300-371-5 Journal, Volume 1, Issue 1, March 2018, Page 855-867
- Published a paper entitled “Skilling and Commerce Education: A Study among Post Graduates in Trivandrum District” in IMPACT: International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Literature (IMPACT : IJRHAL) ISSN(P) : 2347-4564,E-ISSN : 2321-8878, Impact Factor : 3.6586,NAAS Rating: 3.10,ICV 2015: 42.56 Journal, Volume 6, Issue 1, Jan 2018
- Attended two days International Conference on “ACCOUNTING EDUCATION AND RESEARCH” Organized by Indian Accounting Association at University college of Commerce and Management Studies , Mohanlal Sukhadia University , Udaipur, Rajasthan.(Held on 18th and 19th November 2017)
- Attended three day International Seminar organized by the Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala on "INFRASTRUCTURE-INDUSTRIALISATION AND DEVELOPMENT:FORWARD LINKAGES DRAWING FROM GLOBAL MODELS" held on 16-18 February 2017.
- Attended two day International Seminar organized by the Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala on "EMERGING BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES – GLOBAL MARKETS AND THE INDIAN POTENTIAL" held on 24th& 25th February 2016.
- Attended three day National Seminar on "Cash to Cashless Economy" organized by Government College, Attingal on 4-6 December 2017.
- Attended two day National Seminar on "Financial Sector Reforms" organized by Government arts College, Thiruvananthapuram on 5th and 6th December 2017
- Attended One day Orientation Programme on "RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND TOOLS- PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT AND MOTIVATION" organized by Conspi Academy of Management Studies(CAMS)-Trivandrum on 6th January 2015
- Participated in the Three Days National Seminar on "ACCESSIBLE TOURISM: A NEW SCENARIO IN INDIAN TOURISM SECTOR" sponsored by University Grants Commission(UGC) and organized by P.G Department of Commerce ,Government College Nedumangaud on 2nd to 4th February 2016.
- Participated in the National Seminar on "RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE VIBRANT CORPORATE SECTOR-ASPIRATIONS,CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES" sponsored by Directorate of Collegiate Education(DCE) and organized by P.G Department of Commerce ,Government College Nedumangaud on 18th to 20th November 2015.
- Participated in the National Seminar on "HUMAN RIGHTS AND ITS DISJUNCTURES IN THE CURRENT SCENARIO OF GLOBALIZATION" sponsored by University Grants Commission(UGC) and organized by the Department of English , Christian College Kattakada, held on 4th March 2016
- Has Participated in one day Faculty Knowledge Programme (FKP) organized by ICFAI Business School (IBS) in August 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Current Scenario of Internet – As a freedom of Expression and Internet Regulation” organized by Department of English and Sponsored by University Grants Commission (UGC) at Christain College Kattakada in 2016
- Presented a Paper on "A Study on the Salient features and Challenges of GST-An Indian Perspective" Conducted by Post Graduate Department of Commerce with association with FLAIR at Government College, Nedumangaud, Thiruvananthapuram Kerala in 2016
- Presented a paper on "D2D: (A Journey from "Demonetization ton Digitalization")- Swift start to Financial Literacy?" organized by PG and Research Department of Commerce.Government College, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- Presented a paper on "Customer’s Perception on "Demonetization: A Throttle Back for Banks"- Special reference to Banks in Thiruvananthapuram District" organized by PG and Research Department of Commerce. Government Arts College , Thiruvananthapuram
- Presented a paper on “Role of KINFRA in Infrastructure Development: With Special Reference to Food Processing Industry in Kerala” organized by Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala in 2017
- Employability and Skilling”- A Study Among Postgraduates in Thiruvananthapuram district.
- "A study on Employee Welfare Measures at HLL Life Care Limited, Peroorkada with special reference to HLL Life Care at Trivandrum"
Areas of interest:
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Business Regulatory Framework
- Financial Management
- Financial Markets
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Human resource Management
- Financial system
- Start ups