The Rajagiri Institutions owe their origin and success to the visionary Congregation of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate [CMI], an indigenous society in the ascetic tradition of Christianity, known for their pioneering work in the field of education in Kerala. Highly qualified and experienced in the various fields of education, the CMI of Sacred Heart Province, Ernakulam, established Rajagiri in 1955. The continued insightful leadership of the CMI has helped Rajagiri to expand in new directions and fields and to keep up with the changing demands of the global education scenario. New ground has been broken through international partnerships, developing new areas of study and research, mobilizing human and material resources to modernize or enhance facilities and skills to relentlessly maintain the level of excellence. Under the sustained and foresightful leadership, Rajagiri continues to be ever the achiever through study and service.