Twinning Programmes - RISER
TWINNING PROGRAMMES UNDER RAJAGIRI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL FOR EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (RISER)
The Rajagiri International School for Education and Research (RISER) has been instituted as a response to globalization in the field of higher education and offers quality programmes which equip professionals to effectively perform in the global arena.
In Social Work, RISER has signed up MOU for twinning programme in Social Work with the following two universities.
1. MOU BETWEEN SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK, UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, BALTIMORE (UMSSWB) AND RAJAGIRI COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (RISER)
Agreement between University of Maryland, School of Social Work, Baltimore (UMSSWB) and Rajagiri International School for Education and Research (RISER) was signed on 27th May 1998.
Signatories were Dr. Jesse Haris, Dean Maryland University and Fr. Jose Alex Oruthayappilly CMI, Managing Trustee, RISER.
A seminar on “Current Trends in Social Work Education” was organised by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences in connection with the signing ceremony. Papers were presented by Dr. Jesse Harris, Dr. Geoffrey Greif – Associate Dean, Dr. Paul Ephross Professor and Dr. Raju Varghese, School of Social Work, Maryland University. Rajagiri Student under Twinning Programme in Social Work (MSW) Ms. Shama Karkal was the first batch for the MSW twinning programme at UMSSWB during 1999-2001.
2. MOU BETWEEN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY, ASSUMPTION UNIVERSITY, THAILAND AND RAJAGIRI COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (RISER)
MOU was signed during September 2004 with the Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand for the Master of Science in Counselling Psychology (MsCP).
Signataries were Rev. Bancha Saenghiran, F.S.G., Ph. D, President, Mr. Kamol Kitsawad, University Registrar, Assumption University and Rev. Fr. Jose Alex, Director; Dr. Joseph I. Injodey, Principal, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences.
Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology (MSCP) is a Six Trimester course offered by RISER in collaboration with Assumption University, Thailand. Total number of credits needed for MSCP Programme is 45. The first two trimesters of the Master’s programme (equivalent to 15 credits) is done at Rajagiri College, Kalamassery and the remaining period (equivalent to 30 credits) at the Assumption University.
Rajagiri Students under Twinning Programme in Social Work (MSCP)
3. MOU BETWEEN SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK, UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES, WESTERN SWITZERLAND AND RISER (FOR DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK, RAJAGIRI COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES)
An Agreement between University of Applied Sciences, Western Switzerland and Rajagiri International School for Education and Research (RISER) was signed on Monday, 23rd January 2012. Signatories were Dr. Chantal Ostorero, Director General, Department of Education (Youth and Culture), Board of Higher Education, Vaud, Switzerland and Dr. Antony Kariyil, Director, RISER.
- Dr. Chantal Ostorero and Dr. Antony Kariyil signing the agreement Dr. Mary Venus Joseph, Dean & Administrator, is on the Advisory Board of the Summer University 2012 , hosted by University of Applied Sciences, Western Switzerland. She is a Resource person and would be presenting a paper on End of Life and Social Work – An Indian Perspective.
Rajagiri Students under International Social Work Practicum Abroad
- Ms. Swapna Madonna K, Ms. Rinku Roy and Ms. Jossy D Cherian has been selected to attend the Summer University 2012 on “End of Life and Social Work” to be held from 2nd to 13th July 2012 at Switzerland.